*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/752830-Chapter-1
Rated: 18+ · Book · Dark · #1867565
???????????????????
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#752830 added May 14, 2012 at 3:44am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 1
Chapter 1





         Kyra looked at her clock, 11:00 pm, it said in back lighted display. It was late and she should be in bed, asleep but sleep did not come so easily to her this night.





         Her king-sized bed felt cold and empty and all too uninviting. Laying in that big bed night after night had taken its toll on her and she was fed up with going to bed alone every night. She decided to do something about it.





         She dressed in a black mid-thigh length, skin-tight black skirt and her most revealing shirt, low-cut and two sizes too small, also black. She liked how she looked in the color and she felt comfortable in the outfit. It was a true reflection of herself. Besides, it made her look sexy and she loved that.





         Now she was dressed for fun and quickly left. She needed to be looked at this night but no heads turned her way.





Later………..





Standing in front of Mike’s Bar And Grill, a place she did not normally frequent…actually she’d never been there before.





“Oh hell… Why not?” she thought.





She just needed company. She found none at the other places she visited. That was about to change…………. 





         She walked into the place, expecting the same reaction. However, as she walked through the double doors, she looked to the left and caught sight of him. He leaned over one of the pool table, preparing to make a shot. At the last second, he looked to his right while leaning down over the table. Their eyes met for a split second before he looked away.





         “Rolling Rock please?”





         The bartender said “Ok” and put a bottle in front of her.





         She wiggled onto the stool and took a sip of the beer. “…Man these stools hurt.” She stood up, grabbing the bottle and walked over to the pool tables. She loved to watch others play the game but no one would play with her.





         No matter the opponent she played she came away victor. They all called her a “HUSTLER“. Like that was a dirty word………. But, in the circuit, she guessed it was not such a good thing.





         Standing a mere two feet from the table, sipping the Rolling Rock, she could not take her eyes off him as he circled the table studying the placement of the balls and angles of trajectory needed to pocket the chosen ball. “…That look on his face when he studied the table is so attractive.” she thought. He circled the table a couple times, he appeared to be studying it, but actually he was studying her.


         


         She caught him looking at her a few times, as he pulled the cue back. She wondered what he was thinking when he looked at her just before he took the shot.





         She watched the nine ball roll slowly up the table and into the pocket. That ended the rack Game Over! His opponent refused to play any further racks but some random female stepped up to the plate. “How about a game?“





         “OK.“ He set the rack and gave her the break.





         She leaned down over the table trying to entice him to partake of her unspoken offer. She had leaned so far over the table that she nearly laid on it with her ass in the air and her skirt riding up showing her lack of underwear. She was an obvious predator on the prowl, looking for a night of entertainment.





         He watched her intently, wondering why anyone would go without underwear and imagining himself and this cute black haired woman, the one watching him so obviously interested in other things besides this game, doing it right there.





         Kyra couldn’t believe he watched her so intently and she frowned, thinking… “OK another strike out.” Once she thought she saw him drooling, physically drooling… but it was only her imagination playing tricks.





         When the girl broke she did not choke and managed to pocket the one ball and the three ball in one shot. The two gave her difficulty with its’ position in relation to the cue ball which rolled up table and sat on the rail. It was blocked by the nine ball and the five ball. The shot called for her to angle the cue stick for a jump shot down table with left hand English on the cue ball. She pulled the cue back and pushed it forward...





         A frown tugged the corners of her mouth. She did not make the ball, only managed to knock it away from the rail and push it down table.





         It was his turn at the table. He came top the table, hips swaying slightly. It looked odd because he was built like a professional wrestler. He reminded her of Kane from the WWE, broad chest, evenly matched biceps, tiny waist, powerful looking legs under his tight black jeans. He was confident with an air of arrogance that made her drool.





         Kyra enjoyed watching him as he walked around the table, studying it, trying to find a shot. As he walked around, circling the table, he walked so close to her that he brushed her as he passed. He turned to look at her and saw her eyes glaze in obvious delight at his touch. Then he saw a tremor run through her and the dreamlike glaze slowly left her eyes.





         As she watched the game, she thought that she may have met her match on the tables as he pocketed the two ball cross table in the center pocket. She hoped that he was her match off the tables as well.  Next his attention turned to the four ball.





         The four ball was close to rail having bounced cross table and rolled down table on the break. It called for a difficult bank shot, being the cue ball had to hit three rails without kissing the six ball as it went by and without hitting the five, and into a pocket.





         He took the shot without studying the angle of trajectory and pocketed it. The cue ball hits the rail down table, then the side rail and rolls up table, hits another rail and bounces cross table contacting the seven ball, into the pocket it goes with the cue ball rolling behind it and into the pocket.





         He left her with an easy shot on the five, being it was close to the pocket and in perfect alignment. With that shot, she took control of the table. He had no chance to get back to the table after that except on the break of Rack Two. But with no balls made on the break that rack belonged to her.





         After that rack, he tired of standing around, watching her clean the table and gave up. He laid the cue on the table conceding the game, walked to the bar, asked for a Rolling Rock and headed back to the tables.





         Kyra had enticed someone into playing a rack or two. She set the rack and handed the man a cue stick.





         “You break.” she said.





         “OK”





         Click!………………..Thump! The man pocketed the one ball on the break. His focus turned to the two ball and in it went.





         “Seven ball in the corner pocket.” the man announced with confidence.





         Click!………………..Thump!





         The eight ball was quickly pocketed. With the cue ball rolling slowly up the table to get position on the nine ball. Perfect as expected. “Nine ball center pocket.”





         Click!





         Nine ball slowly rolls down table and with a thump, into the pocket. Match over................. Game over.





         The man throws the cue on the table, conceding any further racks. He had grown tired of the game and it held no excitement for him anymore, or at least that was the impression he gave. He walked to the bar to get another beer and a down on one of the stools.





         “Back for more, huh?”





         “Hmph!” He turned to Kyra and said……. “Do you like the game?”





         “I like to watch.”





         “How about a game?” He picked up the discarded cue sticks and shoved one into her hand.





         Kyra blushes and looks down at the bottle in her hand. “Oh no, no thanks.” She set the stick on the table.





         “Come on. I will teach you.“





         With some hesitation, she picked up the cue and said, “If you insist.”





         He walked around the table, picking the billiard balls out of the various pockets, putting them on the table as he set the rack for the break.





         “You break.” he said.





         She feigned ignorance of the game.





         He walked around the table to stand behind her to show her how to hold the cue, even assist her in breaking the rack. She felt his body pressed up against hers…Oh god! This feels so good…. The feel of his body pressed so tight to hers made her shiver.





         He felt her shivers and took a step back, the fire in his loins growing. Every guy in the place wanted her. He saw how they all watched her… He wanted her too.





         Sometime after hitting the three ball around, up table and down table…..then back again she decided enough is enough and took charge of the table. The three ball went in the center pocket, the four ball went up table into the left corner pocket…





         Next, she was left with a tough shot. To jump the five ball or bank it? Was the only thing concerning her now. She decided to go for the tough bank shot.  She had to hit three rails and go cross table to pocket the five, then draw the cue ball back down table for position on the six. She executed the bank shot perfectly, then drew the cue ball down table like a pro.





         “You’ve played before.” he said in surprise then dropped his jaw, amazed at her skill and suddenly realized she was no amateur player.  However, being as proud of his skill as he was, he could not forfeit the rack.





         After that rack was done they continued to play. “PLAY?”  That was a joke! She had complete control of the table and he was left in the cold.





Rack two:





         He broke pocketing no balls on the break. It was obvious she had rattled him. She turned to take a sip of her nearly depleted beer and saw that they have attracted an audience. She smirked and turned back to the table…





         He stood waiting for her to take the next shot and finish the game, leaving him embarrassed and hanging his head in defeat after boasting about his skill. Skill? Ha! That was a joke. He was a mere amateur pitted against her skill level, though she was no pro pool player, she could give them a run-for-their-money.





         She asked him, “Another game?”





         “No thanks…I’m done.” He took a sip of his beer and added, “The table is all yours.”





         She giggled looking around at the crowd.








© Copyright 2012 Korath Mindsthrall (UN: vivienthompson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Korath Mindsthrall has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/752830-Chapter-1