*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753152-Keeping-My-Eyes-Open
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#753152 added May 19, 2012 at 6:42pm
Restrictions: None
Keeping My Eyes Open
Morten Dogs

Trying to Keep my Eyes Open

Several readers had trouble zooming in on the details of my writing workstation so I took some more pictures. I am having a hard time getting them sized right so the images will import to WDC. I think the key is that when my software asks me the maximum dimension I need to reply “300.” That seems to get the outside dimension of any one plane and also the size of 100. Finally I got a couple to transport.

There was a comment on my Oscar Morten Dogs. Today I found another one and it is included in the close-up. Morten was amazing and his dog figures are exceptional even though he did horses and nudes as well. His nudes are rare and not nearly as impressive as his dogs.

There is a lot of activity on my lounge and classroom forum. I hope this means that my students are busy. I have one, “WinnieKay,” who is an instructor at New Horizon’s Academy who has taken a term off to catch her breath and also take my course. She has been a real help and given me a host of good ideas. I am trying to keep up with them in order to update the workshop when it ends. I won’t really know much more than I already do until the first vignettes start coming in. That is always an exciting time.

My daughter called and said my grandson finished 4th at Regionals and will be going to State in Track and Field in Kansas. He did better at Regionals than he did in the local qualifications. He’s only a sophomore in High School and will be competing in the state Championships…fancy that. I told him when I was visiting how to use his nose as a regulator when he runs. Pretty cheeky of me don’t you think? He was very polite, however, and listened without grinning too broadly.

Today Linda and I went to Princeton where they have a big outdoor flea market in the summer. One never knows what might turn up in those piles of junk. Afterwards we went to the Blue Moon and had a French Dip sandwich. It was good and so was the cold slaw.

I am tired today. Last night I finished book three of Game of Thrones. It was a heady reading experience. Anyone who wants to read some good writing needs to read these books. They are awesome.


© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753152-Keeping-My-Eyes-Open