*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753373-Ramping-Down-for-Summer
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1411600
The Good Life.
#753373 added May 23, 2012 at 10:56am
Restrictions: None
Ramping Down for Summer?
The official count is 255 students. I believe we've bottomed out, and that the number will start to climb again. First of all, the majority of students who planned to stop for spring sports or summer have already done so. Second, we have a slew of samplers and preschool classes overflowing with students right now, all priming to dive into private lessons, once they choose their instrument(s). Third, last June was our biggest new enrollment month EVER, and that was without a sampler promotion. So I'm confident we'll get our numbers back.

I wish I could be so confident about our summer camps. They're so darn fun, though. The ones with students in them may not have a lot of students, but they have enough. These kids will talk about how freaking much fun they had. I'm hoping it just takes a few years to get a summer camp program off the ground, which would be the preferred explanation for why we aren't bursting at the seams with camp enrollments. Instead of, you know, my complete ineptness when it comes to camp marketing.

The summer is shaping up to be a busy one for me. I'll be judging at Ohio Idol and performing at Pearl Market (a downtown summer-long farmer's market) in addition to my regular gigs leading praise band, playing at the Mexican restaurant, and overseeing the summer camps. I'm also looking into a second lunch gig, hopefully somewhere closer to the music school. And now I'm campaigning for a small business grant, which, if we got it, would mean some fast-paced business expansion planning.

On that note, have you voted?? We're at 150, we need 250, we have 38 days left (they're ticking away!): missionsmallbusiness.com   - open the site, scroll down, log in with Facebook, scroll down, search "Michelle Tuesday" (leave city and state blank), and click "Vote" - easy breezy. Thanks to everyone who's done this already. *Heart*

I'm aching for time to write. I'm on a novel kick again. I'm just so long-winded, I need tens of thousands of words to get the story out. To get the first part of the story out. And I haven't even edited the two I've already written. *shrug* I guess we're all motivated by different things. Looking at my summer schedule, squeezing in novel writing time could be tight. *Worry*

Peace.

© Copyright 2012 BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ (UN: tuozzo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753373-Ramping-Down-for-Summer