*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753519-Getting-Behind-in-my-Blog
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#753519 added May 25, 2012 at 10:06pm
Restrictions: None
Getting Behind in my Blog
Getting Behind in my Blogs

I fall behind in my blogs when I am doing reviews of the vignettes the students submit in my Exploratory Writing Workshop.

The biggest problem I encountered this week was tense. Two of my students wanted to write in the present and the third went back and forth. I had not encountered this before and was taken aback.

I have a bell shaped curve in my student’s professional development this term. This is to be expected but it is skewed in the direction of talent. Nobody is a weak as students in my previous classes. The attrition rate has been higher than expected but in both cases the students realized that the work would require more time than they were able to invest. I have two on the borderline and I hope they will stick with it.

Today I did a couple of reviews and went out in the yard and did some work. Last year I planted several strawberry plants in a shrub border and they have really spread. The past two morning Linda and I have gotten to eat a plump strawberry and it was delicious.

Last night I finished book four of Game of Thrones. George Martin is a rather dark writer and a lot of his books are dark indeed. Linda loaded up book 5 on my Kindel and I guess I will curl up with it when I finish this blog. I have to know what happened to some of the characters I have grown attached to.

After finishing in the yard I was bored and Linda and I went out to the model airplane flying field. I do like to see the RC models fly and didn’t really expect to see anyone because the wind was blowing so hard. There was a member named Ron, who was there and he just soloed a couple weeks ago. He did well and despite the gusts didn’t crash while I was watching.

Tomorrow I will take some more pictures and have something to go along with my blog.

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753519-Getting-Behind-in-my-Blog