*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753666-The-nudgeagain
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #930577
Blog started in Jan 2005: 1st entries for Write in Every Genre. Then the REAL ME begins
#753666 added May 28, 2012 at 2:08pm
Restrictions: None
The nudge...again
I have a seed of an idea. It often receives showers of inspiration from passing clouds, which I see far away, but rarely portend their influence on this idea until long after the storm has passed. I want to encourage the efforts of many people -- but particularly men. Some times I doubt that I want to do this, or that anyone will take me seriously. But then I will share in one's feelings of depression. Or I will hear of a vibrant and active man taking his own life. Some how I want to become a better person through whatever connection I can make. But can I actually put myself in a place of guidance? Just because I am open-minded (sometimes only by force of will) does any group want my wisdom?

I am inspired today as I look over the mission statement for a workshop site: awomanstruth.com
But I find myself wanting to rewrite it for men.

The Truth -- See it and hear it from yourself now
To listen and open a safe space for men, where he recognizes his most active and self-assured self. To seek his own truth first and be rewarded in the sharing that allows for acknowledgment of his authentic living. To forge a path and willingly gather companions to strengthen in purpose.

© Copyright 2012 Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 (UN: walkinbird at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753666-The-nudgeagain