*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753812-Balance
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1411600
The Good Life.
#753812 added May 31, 2012 at 10:41am
Restrictions: None
Balance
As a New Year's Resolution, I committed to BALANCE this year. I've done very well at allocating more time to family and less to work, especially in the last two months, since we bought a camper and rented a seasonal spot at a campground. But this morning, I ran across this, which, of course, I Pinned:

Patient: Doctor, I don't feel well and I'm not sure why.
Doctor: I want to you meditate for 20 minutes, twice a day, exercise for at least 30 minutes a day, avoid processed foods, eat plenty of organic fruit and veg, spend more time in nature and less indoors, stop worrying about things you can't control and ditch your T.V. Come back in 3 weeks.

...I didn't miss the irony as I read that online, on my laptop, from the comfort and laziness of my indoor couch.

Tomorrow, I start Weight Loss for Hunger. I have devised a new daily schedule which includes exercise and scheduled feedingsmeals eight times a day, because my obsession with food causes me to constantly think about food.

Meanwhile, I've spent approximately ZERO time on writing.

I created a schedule again. The color-coding shows a fair amount of balance, and I've managed to schedule in everything from eating to exercise, reading to writing, work to leisure, family to church, practice to performance. The trick will be sticking to the schedule. So on the agenda today: figure out how to use my calendars to send phone alerts that actually work.

PS: please consider sponsoring me at http://weightlossforhunger.com. I'm going to meet my goal this summer.

© Copyright 2012 BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ (UN: tuozzo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753812-Balance