*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753960-Chapter-18-Hush-Kenyon
Rated: 13+ · Book · Romance/Love · #1864211
A series I wrote that is loosely based on Twilight about Wolf Shifters
#753960 added June 1, 2012 at 11:18pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 18: Hush Kenyon
Chapter 18:Kenyon



I was woken up out of my sleep, by the sound of the television in the den. I tried to block it out, trying to get in all the precious time I had before my alarm went off. I looked at the digital clock across the room. It had just turned 6:52. I looked over at Randy's bed. It was unmade and Randy was nowhere to be found.
I wanted lay back down, but curiosity had gotten the better of me. I headed for the den and listened to the broadcast. It was a lady news caster talking about a couple of mutilated bodies found in the woods. I heard that coming down the stairs. It wasn't until I found Aunt Talya, Randy, and Satordi in the den. When they had all turned around, Satordi quickly turned off the television with the remote.
"Kenyon, what are you doing up so early?"
"I am sorry baby, was the T.V. too loud." Aunt Talya calling me baby made me cringe in discust.
"W-what's going on?" I asked still wiping sleep from my eyes."
Satordi spoke up. "Nothing you are your brother should concern yourselves with. You fellas have school, me, your aunt and Ro will deal with this."
"Is it the hell hound?" Randy asked.
"No, the hell hound does not mutilate, it devours, and it should be fenced in."
"That fence is a joke." I looked over at Randy who was shaking his head obviously I had said too much.
"What are you doing over there anyway Kenyon?" hissed Aunt Talya. "That is outside the border and you aren't supposed to leave the ranch."
"It was just one or two times." Randall chimed in. "Me and Kenyon were hunting."
"Who told you, you could hunt?"
"Nevermind." Satordi cut in. "It doesn't matter, we will deal with this later."
"Obviously, I need to shorten a few leashes."
"So what is it?" I addressed Satordi to change the subject.
"Nothing you boys need to worry about." Aunt Talya intercepted. "You have both gotten into enough trouble, now get ready for school."
Randy looked passed her. "Satordi, what do you want us to do."
"I am not sure exactly what it is, but it seems like a rogue shifter is sending a message. You guys just keep your eyes and ears open and when you aren't in school, I am hoping for your own safety stay inside the boundaries, at least after night fall. Generally the hell hound won't attack super naturals but I don't want to take any risks."
Randy and I went upstairs and got ready for school. I was angry at myself for running my mouth. My brain must have still been waking up, me and Randy had avoided Aunt Talya's wrath for this long, and I was almost positive she wasn't going to do much, but I never liked to underestimate her either.

© Copyright 2012 Misty Crade (UN: babydoll_y2g at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Misty Crade has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753960-Chapter-18-Hush-Kenyon