*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753962-Chapter-20-Complicated-Sorrell
Rated: 13+ · Book · Romance/Love · #1864211
A series I wrote that is loosely based on Twilight about Wolf Shifters
#753962 added June 1, 2012 at 11:23pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 20: Complicated Sorrell
Chapter 20: Sorrell




We are here at the first practice and the Lafayette Knights seem to be off to a very promising start to a new year of wins. I am here with coach Arthur what are your thoughts?

Coach Arthur was a tall blonde haired guy, who was built other than a pop belly. He wore a tattered blue polo shirt with a knights logo that seemed smaller than he actually wore and gray khaki's. The same thing he had on every year at the first practice. Coach Arthur was a very superstitious man, and he always wore the same clothes for the first practice, down to the T, at least that was what he was saying in the interview.
Coach Arthur was infamous for his superstition, which obviously was never much help since the football team was so terrible. I had to give him credit, his optimism almost made me a believer, not that I was even into football, I trailed off somewhere around "championships" Yeah right!
I was barely paying attention when, the kicker punted the ball and the ball veered way too far to the right. I went over the fence of the field and into the student parking lot, almost almost immediately it soared back across the entire field. Darrius caught it in the face and was standing clear on the other side of the field.
We were standing with coach Arthur over by the stands on to the far left of the direction of where the ball came to. Coach Arthur hoped the fence leading into the field and went over to the side of the field that the ball came from. Beth, Jerry, and I followed, camera still rolling.
"Who through that?"
A hand went up. There were so many students in the parking lot that it was hard to tell who the hand belonged to.
"Well come on in here. Let me talk to you a minute."
Kenyon and his brother Randy emerged from the crowd and walked up to the fence. Figures. I thought.
"Which one of you threw that football."
"Depends on who got hit. My brother is a little uncoordinated. I'm sorry." Randy quipped
"Uncoordinated or not he has one hell of an arm. How would you two like to practice with us."
"No thanks." Kenyon said immediately.
"We would love to!" smiled Randall.
Kenyon rolled his eyes but did not protest. It was as if whatever Randall said went.
"Fine." He sighed.
"Hey Tee, get them some spare pads."
A small scrawny kid in shoulder pads got up from one of the benches seeming more than happy to run back to the locker room building.
"My usual assistant didn't show up for school today."
I then realized we were still filming. "Alright guys that is a wrap."
Jerry cut off the camera.
"You guys stay nearby." Said the coach. "We might see history in the making. Our newest Knight."
"Two newest knights." Kenyon corrected.
Everyone looked at him curiously.
"Randy. I am not doing this without my big brother."
"Can you throw as good as Kenyon?"
Randy smiled mischievously.
Tee came back with shoulder pads and two blank jerseys.
"Here put these on and go ahead and take the field. We are going to have a light scrimmage to kind of test you boys out."
As Randy and Kenyon took off their shirts all girls in the bleachers, as well as the cheerleading team that was out practicing that day were glued. Someone even whistled. Randy waved in the direction it came in and even blew a kiss. Kenyon kept his head down, as if embarrassed by all of the attention.
"So which one you think is cuter?" Beth said close to my ear. We were two rows the top of the bleachers with a perfect view of the field talking.
"What?"
"Which Phalan brother is cuter?"
"I don't know." I was looking down at the two Adonis brothers. Trying not ogle like everyone else but I noticed.
"Both of them have a lot going for this, ridiculously gorgeous, mysterious, but Randy." She glanced over at him and quickly back at me trying not to make him think she was talking about him. "All pretty boy, Obvious heartbreaker, Smoothe talker, nice looking caramel brother. If Shamaar Moore and Michael Ealy had somehow had a spawn, oh my gosh it would so be Randy."
I had to giggle and blush. Beth was right, I never really got a good look at Randall, but he was very beautiful as well. It was obvious they were brothers.
"Then we have Ken." I felt myself blush as Beth continued. We both suck a brief peak he was tying his shoes, his long wavy hair blocking his face. "I mean the hair thing, I am not sure how I feel about a guy going through more conditioner than I do but somehow, he pulls it off. The brother takes care of himself and is obviously hetero. " She paused sighed. "I cannot get over those eyes."
I closed my eyes for a brief moment and was brought back to the first day of school, staring into them. The deep brown with copper-tones. Then I went back to the weekend when he slid off his blue dress shirt, where I got a full close up view of his perfect abs.
"If Randy is the charming pretty boy, then Kenyon is the shy mysterious boy next door. And that smile. I don't know if Ben and Jerry's carries that flavor, but good law'd, I want some of that chocolate brother."
I had to laugh. "Something is wrong with you."
"So the question is; what team? Team Randall or Team Kenyon."
We looked at each other with big smiles. We said our answers in unison but she said "Team Randall" and I said "Team Kenyon" in a low both laughed. I suddenly I felt someone staring at me, and I looked down and met Kenyon's eyes and alluring smile. I let out a quiet gasp as he winked at me, then took the field.
"Did he hear us?" Suddenly I turned five shades redder. He couldn't have I thought. We were sitting on the second row from the top of the bleachers and talking pretty low. There were only a few people on the bleachers, mostly students that were finish with their after school activities just killing time, boys and girls alike, but I decided it was possible that he was not looking at me per-say, although it did look like he was.
Practice went very well. I wasn't too literate of football, but I even I knew that Kenyon and Randall were the best players that Lafayette had ever seen. They were each triple threats. They could throw, catch, and tackle. I decided to turn the camera on to catch the brothers tremendous skill and feature it on the new cast for Friday. Maybe Coach Arthur's superstition is actually beginning to work.
I usually did not stay till the end of football practice, but I was very intrigued with how the new editions were going to effect the team, primarily would the school be gaining them as players. I was happy when I found out that Coach Arthur decided to put then on the team, and decide later what position they would play. Everyone that heard him cheered, they all knew what the coach knew, that the Knights had a fighting chance at the championship this year.
I bumped onto Kenyon on the way out of the football field.
"Good game!"
He smiled warmly. "Thanks. I didn't think they could take on new players like this."
"Well, most of the kids that go to this school have rich parents, so they basically do whatever they want."
"How long have you been playing football?"
"Actually, I have never played. It's fun! You ever played?"
I shook my head. "I'm sure it is fun when you are as good as you are."
Darrius came up behind me and put his arm around me. I pulled away.
"Ken, great ball playing bruh!" He put his fist up, waiting for Kenyon to return the gesture. Kenyon did reluctantly.
"We are having a party, at my house to celebrate, your brother said he was going to fall through."
He bit his bottom lip annoyingly and traced the bride of his nose with his thumb and pointer finger. "I guess I'll be there then."
"Great!" he said, then snuck a quick kiss on my check and walked away. I frowned.
"Do you have to everything your brother does?"
"It's complicated." He said. "Are you going to be at this party?"
"I guess."
"Good!" He smiled in relief "So is that your boyfriend?"
I smiled. "It's complicated."
© Copyright 2012 Misty Crade (UN: babydoll_y2g at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Misty Crade has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753962-Chapter-20-Complicated-Sorrell