*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/754042-Dark-but-Good
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#754042 added June 3, 2012 at 8:26am
Restrictions: None
Dark but Good
Dark but Good

Yesterday was pretty exciting at the flying club. I won the grand prize raffle. It was a nice model airplane that was a kit but one that doesn’t require much work to assemble. It was very windy and I was amazed by the skill of the Radio Control (RC) flyers. About forty flights had been completed, when our club’s flight instructor took up a plane and crashed it on takeoff. Opps!

One of my dark writers in the EWW is very good. The irony is that he seems to have a sort of writer’s “Death Wish.” Since the class is 13 plus I have him submit to me before he posts on the forum and his material so far has been very to moderately GC. I suspect most readers would not get past the first paragraph of what he writes before tossing it aside like it was on fire. In his second vignette however, which might have been postable, if it were not for the F and C words, which might have easily been softened, I was amazed with how well it was written. I mean it had a wonderfully different supporting character and the whole vignette was written in a way that built suspense and gave a totally unexpected and surprising ending. It was one of those I get in a blue moon that made me think WOW! There is a sad irony here…. This guy should be read but 99 percent of readers will probably never give him a chance. Maybe I can get him to tone it down some but I don’t see much chance of that. So I’ll just enjoy reading his material while I can.

I am not a psychologist, and I write a lot of material that does not reflect who I am. For example in my Sensual Prose I practice male and female characters with an orientation I am not attracted to. The other day I got a “1” star rating and since there was no written review had to puzzle whether it was attributable to poor writing or disgusted the orientation of the reader. I use WDC to practice these skills in a genre I will be using in future novels I intend to write. For example I intend to write in a way that pushes the envelope of acceptability without exceeding it. I have noted in my reading that many good writers struggle when it comes to writing good sensual prose.

Today Linda and I will be taking the dogs to the groomers. Our Lab will only get a bath (She Sheds) but the Doodle will get stripped. While they are being groomed we will go by the flying field and make an appearance. Linda is really thrilled with the prospect. She is OK however, if she has her IPOD for games, some woman’s magazines, the radio and a nice breeze blowing. We won’t be staying long.

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/754042-Dark-but-Good