*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/754251
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1568380
Hodgepodge of things. Contest entries, short stories, scenes, my newsletters and other ...
#754251 added June 6, 2012 at 11:38pm
Restrictions: None
June 6 - Frog
Celine was in the garden behind the house with her little watering can. Her plan was to carefully water the small patch of herbs her mother helped her to grow. Celine gently pushed the flowers that grew on the edge of her little patch aside. Mother would never use pesticides, but Celine knew to be on the lookout for snails and carefully carry them away from her patch.
As she pushed two flowers apart, a big green frog jumped up and onto the rock border of her garden.
Its skin appeared dull to Celine. Since she learned that frogs need to have wet skin to breathe through it, she decided to pour water over the frog.
As she reached for her watering can and kept her eyes on the frog, he jumped closer to her, causing her to dump the can over and spilling all the water onto the ground.
Panicked not to be able to wet the frog as he clearly needed, Celine grabbed her watering can and ran inside for more water.
When she returned, she found the frog happily splashing in the puddle she had inadvertently created before.

© Copyright 2012 Aennaytte: Free & Wild in GoT (UN: annette at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Aennaytte: Free & Wild in GoT has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/754251