*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/754545-A-Little-Mouse-Tale-ID-1871914
by Amay
Rated: ASR · Book · Other · #1872712
A nice place to collect my flash fiction entries.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#754545 added June 10, 2012 at 3:02pm
Restrictions: None
A Little Mouse Tale (ID #1871914)
Karen sat on the sofa. Her hands tucked tightly under her arms, her lips drawn tightly together in a tight slit and her foot bobbed on her crossed leg. She stared out the window waiting for John to come home.

+++++++

The car lights shown in the drive way as he pulled in. John opened the door. There weren’t any wonderful smells to greet him, only silence. “I’m home!” He yelled expecting his son bounding into his arms, nothing. “Where is everyone?” John walked to the kitchen. Pots and pans were on the stove.

He searched through the house, when he found her he could have sworn that he saw steam rising from her ears. Tempting fate, he went and sat down beside Karen.

“Honey,” he paused, “is everything alright?”

She cut her eyes at him, and then coldly turned them straight ahead again.

“Go deal with your son.”

“Do you want to give me a clue?” He meekly asked as he stood to go up to Sammy’s room.

++++++

Sammy sat on the edge of his bed. He’d been in time out a long time. Sammy sighed as the door slowly opened.

“Sammy?”

“I don’t know.”

“Really?”

“I was playing in the kitchen while Mommy was cooking. All of the sudden a mouse ran out from under the refrigerator and I caught it. I wanted to show Mommy. Daddy, she started screaming and running. I couldn’t catch up with her to show her the mouse. I really tried. She’s really fast, Daddy.” He opened a little box to show Daddy.

Karen stood watching John. She could see his shoulders start to shake with heart-felt laughter. “Don’t just stand there. Do something.” She shrieked as John held the mouse out toward her.
© Copyright 2012 Amay (UN: amay5prm at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Amay has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/754545-A-Little-Mouse-Tale-ID-1871914