*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/757005-Class-Warfare
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#757005 added July 22, 2012 at 9:00am
Restrictions: None
Class Warfare
Class Warfare

The claim by our current President that he will impose no new taxes on those who make under $250,000 is baloney. All tax payers will see an increase across the board when the Bush tax relief measures expire but the largest increase will be in health taxes.

To promote his reelection President Obama is currently on a Class Warfare campaign directed against those he claims are only the top 3 percent of taxpayers. “Why can’t they pay a little more,” he laments, “to the poor and downtrodden?” Of course this plays well to the social welfare mentality of many of his constituents but it is really misleading.

There is certainly class warfare going on but it isn’t between rich and poor. It is the struggle between the upper middle class entrepreneurs who have made it big and the Old Guard. It is the same old class warfare that has existed forever between the super-rich and the wannabys.

The Super-Rich are those who come from what is often termed “Old Money.” They have so much it defies the capacity of the average mind to envision. This money is passed via Foundations from one generation to the next into perpetuity. Inheritance tax does nothing to diminish this tax exempt nest egg.

There has always been a bone to pick between the Old Money aristocrats and the “Nuevo Rich” entrepreneurs. The Old Guard, who protects the status quo, wants to exclude these “Upstarts” from the top tier and that is where the Class Warfare has been going on since the Industrial Revolution.

The Old Money class takes the long term view. To insure things don’t change they send their sons and daughters into Politics, The Media, Law School, Finance and other loci’s of power to insure the status-quo doesn’t change. These modern day “Aristocrats pander to the Democrats and find ways to insure the Nuevo Rich are kept in their proper place. They have battalions of lawyers and other professionals who work for them. If they don’t make money in the short term that is not an issue because they already have more than they will ever know what to do with.

The Democrats love the Aristocrats. Don’t you see the irony? These liberals who claim to be champions of the downtrodden are anything but. They don’t give a rat’s petottie about the environment, the arts or the downtrodden. These are all devices to take the bull’s eye off themselves and focus it on the emerging class of successful business men and women. They want inheritance taxes, and clap with glee as our President riles about taking more money away from the top 3% of taxpayers. While their old money sits in a protected status, immune from inheritance taxes, they want to see the wealth of the “Johnny Come Lately” diminished to the extent possible and in no way (heavens forbid) find its way into the perpetuity of unwashed heirs.

I certainly don’t have a dog in this fight but it is interesting to note how this never ending game plays itself out in American politics.

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/757005-Class-Warfare