*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/757021
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1879766
Starting to blog again--an attempt to organize my daily routine
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#757021 added July 21, 2012 at 6:31pm
Restrictions: None
A Perfect Saturday


Today has been pretty close to a perfect Saturday. I'm watching my second Clint Eastwood western this afternoon. Some kind of good cowboy movie is required for a good Saturday, and Clint Eastwood always fills the bill. Pale Rider is on now. That's the movie that really shows the damage that fracking can do, and still does. Levels are shifting, and earthquakes are happening in Texas for the first time in my life over the last few years. The powers that be are trying to return facking water to the ground, and they have been. The government needs to back off from what is being allowed because it's messing up our geological subterrain.

Today has been a day for laying around inside. I went to a friend's house and stopped at the store for cat food earlier, and my truck thermostadt read 100 degrees then. Now the weather channel says we're at 105 degrees. Except for the heat, this would be a great bar-be-cue day. I almost shopped for some grilling meat, but I think I'd rather do microwave and stay in their air conditioning.

I have a bucket of suds soap ready to go attack a bedroom at the next commercial. If I just mop one commercial at a time, I'll have practically all the floor mopped before the end of the day. The house would smell better, and I'd feel better about myself.

My new puppy isn't going outside, and he is going regularly. He goes regularly on his walk, but it's too hot to walk now. I'm down to four kittens now. One went to live with my girlfriend and her family. He, the kitten, slept with the teenage daughter last night. He's no dummy. He likes affection, all my kittens do. If anybody in Dallas would like a kitten, I have four more--two Siamese looking, and two gray-- a male and female each. The Mama kitty picks on the pup something awful--but he's crying about it less. She hasn't put a claw into him yet. As they share food, they are getting friendlier. They've been together about a week now.

I'll attack some housework at a leisurely pace. I'll settle in for an evening of staying home and staying cool. The pup is going to get a bath sometime. He's still white, but white dogs need plently of baths. I want him to get used to baths. "Shadow" the German Shepherd never did. She's 11 years old, and only gets God baths when it rains. She' jumpy, like a semi-civilized wolf. She's a great watch dog, and there have been a few growling sessions between the dogs. I have totally set the social structure of my household awry. I'm still on top, but the puppy isn't behaving according to rules, and the good guy critters aren't getting enough attention. Is this what it's like to have kids?
© Copyright 2012 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/757021