*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/757096
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1879766
Starting to blog again--an attempt to organize my daily routine
#757096 added July 22, 2012 at 10:48pm
Restrictions: None
Puppyhood, and I'm Loosing


The puppy is 9 going on 10 weeks old. He's been at my house a week, though it seems I've been enduring puppy antics forever. He is full of energy, and I'm older than I've ever been.

He's still a baby as far as sleeping. When he sleeps nothing will disturb him, and when it's awake time he's very busy. I know anything on the floor is fiar game, but I've been using my floor for putting stuff on a long time. He doesn't attack stacks. He picks out something he wants, and he keeps at it till he gets it. "It" is usually one of those material things you don't want to part with, like a shoe, or a dress, or that new slip I gotr from eBay that I didn't put away yet.

My vocabulary now consists on one word: "no." It doesn't seem to help much. His second most annoying passtime is barking at Angel the cat. By her name, you could guess that she's queen on the house. She's used to sleeping above the commotion. The puppy likes to get on my bed with her, about two feet in front of her face, and bark, incessantly. Angel tried moving to the top of the recliner, but the pup is big enough to seat himself on the seat of the chair, and bark at her. Last evening, I got up from the couch four times to pick him up and try to distract him from his chosen target. We eventually went for a walk. That's pretty much a cure all for too much dog enthusiiasm.

The pup's favorite trick, is to wake me up, chewing on my nose or my arms. I don't normally wake up quickly. The pup has very sharp teeth at his age. He likes squeaky toys, but they aren't allowed at 3:00 am. I actually got up and turned on the TV at 5:00 am and watched I Love Lucy. At the end of the show, I realized the pup had gone to his bathroom, and gone back to sleep. We woke me up arm chewing at 9:00 am, and I went back to bed. Later I got up to take my pain pills, and two hours later, there was the pup chewing on my arm again.

He's got two yummy pig's ears in the house, and I think I need to find them to take to bed for defense tonight.
© Copyright 2012 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/757096