*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/758203-5-Today
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1411600
The Good Life.
#758203 added August 10, 2012 at 12:01pm
Restrictions: None
5 Today
...in dog years, that would be...35? That's fairly close. Except it's WDC years, not dog years, so I would think I'd be published by now. Er - not just published. Published and selling. That's one thing WDC has done for me - help me distinguish between that very important difference.

TO DO
*Check* Write to-do list.
*Check* Take nap.

I don't even bother making things up to scratch off the list first.

My ADD is OUT OF CONTROL. And I'm not even diagnosed. Maybe I should get a diagnosis. I wonder if medication would help? Shiny medication, so distracting. I have legitimate stuff to do, of course, but I've done nothing but email another musician at church all morning. It's enough to drive you mad:

Me: Hey, since you're playing a pretty solo right before the prayers, do you want to continue playing softly under the prayers and The Lord's Prayer this Sunday?

Musician: Which Lord's Prayer are you going into, Mallott's or the contemporary one?

Me: I actually meant to play softly under the spoken Lord's Prayer, but since you suggested it, singing the Lord's Prayer would be nice. We could do whichever one you like, so long as you can provide us with lyrics for the power point slide show.

Musician: Do you mean type out the words in a PowerPoint slide?????

Me: Hahaha no!! I mean send the lyrics to me and Melissa and WE will type them into a power point slide. *Smile* If it's the contemporary version, we have those lyrics already. If it's another version, we need the lyrics.

Musician: Are you kidding me???  Are there different "lyrics" to The Lord's Prayer??? Isn't the prayer the same with only the music different????

Me: Silly. Of course! There are different TRANSLATIONS of the Prayer, are there not?? The contemporary song includes the "debt/debtors" verbiage, but starts with "Our Father, who art in heaven" rather than the "Our Father in heaven" that is typical of that translation. Our poor congregation would be beside themselves with confusion if we put the wrong words in front of them!!

Musician: Since I've played for so many denominations, debtors, trespasses, intruders, etc. all the same people to me!!  I found the front page to that Russell Nagy Lord's Prayer. I think you did it a few weeks ago at a wedding.  I didn't have much time to look for the rest of the pages.  Do you have it immediately at hand?

Me: Yes, let's just do that one. I have those lyrics.

Musician: I'll need the music.  I think it's in the key of G?


Is it too late to go back to Plan A??? Sheesh. Meanwhile, I need to send an email to our client list reminding them to sign up for upcoming recitals; write a bulletin announcement inviting church people to sing in my choir; and plan the fall schedule for my praise team. And that's just what I need to do TODAY.

At least I blogged, even if most of it was copy/paste cheating.

© Copyright 2012 BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ (UN: tuozzo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/758203-5-Today