*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/758379-Selecting-Movies-by-Actor
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1879766
Starting to blog again--an attempt to organize my daily routine
#758379 added August 12, 2012 at 10:53am
Restrictions: None
Selecting Movies by Actor
Maybe that tells you a lot about a person, whether they pick their leisure movie viewing by a certain actor or actress, or if they use some other sort of filter for selection. I have certain actors that I follow, and I like filsm of the Noir Era.

As a woman, I'll admit I look for certain traitsin a leading man. Then there is acting ability too. I think mostly I pick the actors I follow for their looks. I suppose that's not big revelation. I imagine most women do.

Actors tend to do certain types of films too, hopefully without being, or becoming typecast.

Kurt Douglas is one of those actors. It's usually an action adventure. He does suspense well. He's believable, like a guy who grew up next door.

I don't know if Kris Kristofferson has done many movies or not, but I can name a few. Because I live Westerns, I would have to mention "Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid." Bob Dylan had a role in that, acting as well as the soundtrack. In his early years, when he wasn't very good and displayed a lot of mannerisms, he did "The Sailor Who Fell From Grace with the Sea." It was good, but a strange role. Kris has gone to sci-fi in his elder years, and there's been too much blood to see along side his acting, so I haven't seen those movies. I still think he's aging well, and one hell of a writer.

I like John Travolta for all the different roles he's played in his life. Several years ago I went actor site hoping, and found www.JohnTravolta.com to be flashy and beyond my expectations. He is faceted as a diamond in the raw. I respect his fiath in Scientology, although I don't agree with him.

And there's Humphrey Bogart because of the era, and Clark Gable because he looked like my Dad, or I should say old pictures of my Dad during the ear bring out the look in him. Wish I knew how to insert a photo here, but my mind and hardware and information aren't all collected.

Robert Redford belongs on my list too for movies like "All the President's Men," and "The Way We Were." From the first viewing of redford as a Washington news reporter, I was in awe of his pronunciation of "fucking." The movie was filmed about 1972, I was at an impressionable age, and movies didn't need to have so much profanity as now. "The Way We Were" had a lot of head and shoulder shots of him, and it seemed as if his golden blonde hair was an extension of his acting, almost a separate entity to admire. I love Redford, though I haven't followed all his producing. Did you know that he, in his lifetime, established what we know as the annual Cannes Film Festival. His name never seems to be publically associated with it, but it seems he has invested his many talents well during his lifetime. He never got pigeon-holed as a pretty boy.

Since I appreciate the growth in a body of work, I would add Clint Eastwood. I've seen the three Spaghetti Westerns enough times to have memorized the dialogue. I know all his Westerns by heart, and I still watch "Rawhide" when I can. He is another who's body has aged well, though the years are starting to show in films like "Gran Torino."
© Copyright 2012 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/758379-Selecting-Movies-by-Actor