*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/759076-Losing-Ground
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#759076 added August 21, 2012 at 12:57pm
Restrictions: None
Losing Ground
Some days life hands you the opportunity to take a good look at the person in the mirror. Some days you end up not liking the person you see there, sometimes you are simply left wondering where she's gone - that person you used to be. The face you expected to see, the smile, the bright eyes, the hope - replaced by fatigue, frustration and disillusion. How do people keep from changing? How do people accept that everything changes? My daughter changes every day, blossoms by the hour. Why do I feel as if I am wilting just as quickly? How will I encourage her to believe in magic and wonder when I know there are no such things, or that these things are at best fleeting promises to entice and engage us only briefly? Life is hard, a challenge that some days, I fail at miserably and often, so often now that it drains me.

The last entry I even bothered to make was over a month ago. Have I really had nothing inspire me since then? That can't be true. Jaden inspires me countless times in a single day. Writing has obviously also made it onto the list of things I fail to do, or do well, anymore.

I think I must be a fatalist at heart. How can I keep from passing that onto my child? I want her to experience a world full of hope and possibility and not be jaded by my own experiences and perceptions.

© Copyright 2012 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/759076-Losing-Ground