*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/759492
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1879766
Starting to blog again--an attempt to organize my daily routine
#759492 added August 27, 2012 at 7:57pm
Restrictions: None
How Long is Puppyhood?

My Lab puppy is between 3 and 4 months old. He doesn't bite me like he did at the beginning, but he's so mischievous. Somehow, his antics have caused my whole home phone system not to work. I can't figure out what he did, but my line is busy--no dial tone. I can't locate my cell phone either. I've had to borrow my Mom's old cell phone, and I'm keeping it stashed in my blue jeans pocket. This situation is ridiculous, and it all seems to be out of my control. I need God help.

I put garbage in the trash can, and he immediately takes it out and carries it off. He's grown to the point that he can reach to top of the washing machine, and every table in the house. I can't keep up with my stuff, and I'm beginning to lose "it". This is insanity!

However, during our night sleeping time, he endears himself to me. Last night he woke me up, trying to huddle his nose under my chin when I was sleeping on my side. He is an A # ! cuddler. He pops off and on the bed all night. Our night time problem is his 4:00 am burst of energy, and the fact that two of the cats are sleeping in the bedroom with us. He has to bark. I absolutely hate 4:00 am barking. One time he was so energetic, I just got up and took him for a walk. That was a lot for me to handle from a dead sleep. I guess I knew the way by feel.

I was walking both dogs during the dark hours of the evening, but the pup has taken his leash off where I can't find it. He did find a watch that I didn't know was missing. As a matter of fact, he's found so much lost stuff since he's been here, it's almost like Christmas. He even found a shoe that had been missing for three years.

Will you say a little pray that my determination is going to prove stronger than his in the long run? I have an AC service man coming to the house tomorrow, and I have so much picking up to do. There are papers everywhere (used to be drafts, and now just junk papers, coke cans and bottles, and even potting soil that he released from the bag for future digging. My back hurts, and it's not going to get any better. I have a big job on my hands--but I've got until noon tomorrow. I'm almost to the point of giving up. If I clean this evening, he will have all night and then the morning to create a mess again.

I know if I crated him, that would help, but I don't have the heart to put the growing pup in his baby crate. He'd howl until I let him out. Please God, grant me patience and a bit of energy! Will my reader send me some good vibes? I need all the help I can get.

So, I'm just wondering...how long does puppyhood last?



Sunflower seeking rain
 ~
 ~
 ~
 ~
© Copyright 2012 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/759492