*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/759666-Chapter-One
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Book · Other · #1888217
this i a remake of the original dark paladin it has been recreated in Elder Scrolls Format
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#759666 added August 30, 2012 at 12:18pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter One
Chapter One

I was born in Dushnikh Yal several months after the dragonborn defeated Alduin and saved the world as we knew it. My father often spoke of the time he brawled with the dragonborn, always saying how close he was to beating him down; my father Chief Burguk says the dragonborn only won do to a lucky punch.

As soon as I was old enophe to swing a pick my mother Shel sent me to the mines. It was hard work but I didn’t mind after a long day in the mines uncle Gorbash would tell me stories about his days in the legion. About all the places he had seen and all the things he had done. And how at one point and time the dragonborn had come and requested his aid in a mission to slay a nearby dragon, the dragonborn had used his voice to kill the creature. Needless to say his stories were what made me want to leave home. time and time again My grandma Murbul the stronghold wise women would scold Gorbash for telling his story’s.

As time passed I grew older, and with age came more responsibilities. After mining for 10 years I was sent to the forge mother Gharol who taught me how to smith, like all the other children. I enjoyed working the forge and exceled after 5 years of that I was sent to my third mother Arod, who taught how to use a bow make lather, and track prey. And it was around my 4th year of hunting when Murbul began teaching me basic alchemy skills. Every hunt she would send me out to find and harvest ingredients.


I went out one morning like I had so many mornings before. I didn’t get vary far in the middle of my hunt I was ambushed by a group of forsworn. They got me good I fought what I could but after a few hits from there brier heart I was severely staggered I muttered something, then suddenly my hands began to glow with white light and I felt a warmth began to heal me, after a few seconds I was back on my feet and ready to go. I killed the brier heart and the rest of his forsworn retreated. I didn’t even know I knew any restoration spells. I said to myself as I tied to cast it again but nothing happened. Blood splashed my face as ripped the brier heart out of that madman’s chest.
I then continued my hunt killed the stag with ease and returned home full of questions for Murbul.

She didn’t say much and just handed me a restoration spell book. The one and only thing that my mother had done for me was taught me to read although it was not much it was something a valued. Reading the book taught me the words to a basic healing spell.
That night as a fell asleep I had a dream that would change my life forever.
in my dream I was surrounded by the heavens, in was in the middle of the day. “greetings Yerig gro-Dushnikh”
“how do you know my name?”
“the nine have told me all about you”
“what would the nine want with me and who are you”
“the nine have pulled me from my slumber, I was the Hero of Kavach and the Champion of Cyrodiil, I aided Martin Septim during the oblivion crises after word I became the Divine Crusader, and rebuilt the Knights of the Nine. And that is why we are speaking now, look below you Yerig”
I looked below me and the site I saw was disturbing I was apparently in Cyrodiil due to I was standing over the white gold tower, as I look down the land seemed to echo with the cry’s of lost souls some places looked like they were still soaked in the blood of the fallen despite the war had ended over 50 years ago.
“this is the Thalmor view of the perfect world a world without the taint of the other races. There is a dark cloud over Tamriel and the nine have desided it is time to bring back there champion, and that champion is you”
© Copyright 2012 Nephiliem (UN: yerik7388 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Nephiliem has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/759666-Chapter-One