*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/759879-Im-alive-Who-knew
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1523686
Nothing like a fortune cookie to make a year intriguing.
#759879 added September 2, 2012 at 3:17pm
Restrictions: None
I'm alive. Who knew?
Turns out I'm alive. I made it through the first winter quarter without too many hiccups. Sailed through spring quarter on a hope and a dream. And ended the entire process with two jobs and being president of two clubs on campus. Talk about going from nada to "Holy Hellballs, Batman!"

Recapping (in the simplest terms):

*Lightning* I'm currently working for my community college, in two different capacities. Makes the commuting thing easier, although I suspect I will loathe my school by late December. Especially with the club presidencies. I was volunteered for those. Note to Self: I really need to be in the room when these votes go down.

*Lightning* With my work, I've been conferencing quite a bit. Finally spent some time in Seattle last month for the Int'l Gender Odyssey Conference, and will be headed there again in a couple of weeks to see more of the city. Was in Yakima last April for the Students of Color Conference and will be attending again next year. Will be at a leadership conference in central Washington for the coming week. We've got a decent mix of people in terms of age. I don't feel completely out of place with the few extra years under my belt.

*Lightning* Found out over the last few months that I am sensitive to gluten and have done my level best to cut it out of my diet. As a result of being gluten-free, almost dairy-free, and pretty close to sugar-free, I've lost about fifteen pounds. There is a heavy dose of stress in there as well. Unfortunately, I haven't learned how to be stress-free. Not sure my mind could compute that.

*Lightning* My sleep is still crap. I'm so medicated up to sleep these days it isn't even funny. I was also told to join a gym by my doctors. I've joined a gym for a year to see how this goes. I can be honest, I miss the activity. Before my health went down and I blew out both of my ankles, I was active in sports all year round. There is a feeling that comes with being physically fit that I miss. It'll be good if I can keep things up.

*Lightning* Heading to DC in January for the presidential inaugural. This will probably be a profound experience. Profound in what way will depend on who that it home in November.

*Lightning* I've signed up for October Prep for NaNoWriMo. Determined, even with my work load, to finish NaNo this November. 2012 is the year. As Captain Jack Harkness says, this is the century when everything changes. I'm hoping, for my sake, that change happens sooner rather than later. I'll be working on an older idea, but I think I'm in a better place to write it now than I was three years ago.

*Lightning* Oh, one of the biggest things, I'm getting married. To Mr. Awesome. We've picked a date and a tentative year. Go us! *Smile*


"Neruda: Sonnet 49" -- Luciana Souza

© Copyright 2012 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/759879-Im-alive-Who-knew