*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/760504-A-Visit-to-Kansas
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#760504 added September 12, 2012 at 10:13am
Restrictions: None
A Visit to Kansas
A Visit to Kansas

Last week I was visiting my daughter who is living at Ft. Riley. It was a great trip, however, after seven days we started to abrade on each other’s nerves and it was time to skedaddle.

If anyone noticed, that was the reason why there were no blog entries over the past few days. I won’t make excuses. I could have gone to McDonalds and wrote them but I was having too much fun doing other things.

At the motel on the way back we stayed at a casino that has some beautiful and affordable rooms. We don’t gamble but the food is usually good and it’s fun to watch the people.

On Monday night I was able to use the WIFY and check my email. Registration had started for the class I will be teaching, “The Exploratory Writing Workshop.” There are six students enrolled and they cover a broad spectrum of experience.

When we got home I discovered, to my dismay that I gained six lbs. Was I ever disappointed. Oh well, back onto the disciplined regimen.

While we were gone the other outdoor cats were mean to Felix. She was OK but was slinking around the fringe of the yard. When I picked her up and carried her inside she hissed at the other cats. Right now she is asleep on the foot of the bed. Life is hard on the old farmstead.

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/760504-A-Visit-to-Kansas