*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/760558-And-Were-Off
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#760558 added September 13, 2012 at 5:11am
Restrictions: None
And We're Off...
Whatever hasn't been completed now will just have to stew as we'll be travelling down to Southampton this afternoon. My hubby's Mum is 98 today so we first have to visit her and help with celebrations.

A night in a cheap hotel, then tomorrow we'll be boarding the QM2 yet again and the adventure begins. I won't predict, assume or think too far ahead, but rather aim to take one day at a time and hopefully savour all the new experiences as well as the familiar.

I will have internet access and hopefully can drop in WDC when time allows, although the boat connection is rather slow and expensive.

We took son and family out for a meal last night as a farewell gesture. The grandmonsters were their usual bouncy, adorable selves and things seemed more amicable between Paul and Mey Ling. Maybe another case of calming down, taking stock and trying one more time. I'm not totally convinced. I think the eyes reveal a lot and there was something in both of theirs that made me think this was just a show for our benefit. But we will have to let them get on with it now and not worry too much. I suspect there'll always be disharmony of some sort in that department and no use predicting the future as I well know.

So, better go get the cases closed, the birds fed, the fridge emptied, the plants watered and the ducks calmed down. They do tend to get a little quackers about travelling. At least it's not raining for the moment.

Au Revoir...be good...take care...stay well and I'll report back when I can.

© Copyright 2012 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/760558-And-Were-Off