*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/760566-Haunting-Me
by jaya
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1798523
Coloring the World
#760566 added September 13, 2012 at 7:14am
Restrictions: None
Haunting Me
Haunting Me


They met by the hill-side as they'd done ever since they’d fallen in love. On that summer evening, the sky was a riot of colors with the sun sinking slow into the sea afar. Jessica and Craig locked their hands and turned seawards. The drifting wind smelt of scented flowers and the salty sea.

“It’ll be a long two months for us starting tonight, Jess.”
“Never mind Craig, my heart goes with you wherever you are,” smiled Jessica veiling the pain in her hazel eyes. He hugged her and said with emotion, “I know your love will keep me warm in the lonely days ahead. I look forward to our wedding soon after my return.”
An hour later he kissed her good bye. On that very night he flew to the Middle East.

Friends had warned Jessica against falling in love with a man like Craig Morrison.
“Remember, they want just one thing from us,” cautioned Pauline.
“Jess, do you think these rich types will ever understand what love is?” asked Sarah in an accusing tone.

Jessica paid scant attention to their counsel. Her heart was with Craig, recalling the day they’d met on a spring morning outside the Museum of Art. After a fascinating forenoon spent in the company of great masters, Jessica came out for refreshment. The sun was mild and the air, comfortably cool. Jessica was glad she’d chosen that day for an outing. A few loungers looked appreciatively at her. She slipped into one of the chairs in the pub with a sigh of pleasure.

She was about to sip her coffee when she heard a deep voice asking, “May I sit here?”
She looked up and saw a tall, handsome man waiting. She faltered before she responded with “Please do.”
“Are you from around?” he asked after awhile, watching her closely.
“Yes, I am an accountant at the local library.”
“Wow, we need an accountant too.”
A smile lit her face. “Oh, you live here?”
“The Morrison’s are to open a branch here. I came here to finalize the plans.”
“You are …” 
“Craig Morrison, at your service. Dad and I manage our retail business,” he said with a twinkle in his eyes. 
No wonder, the only son of a global chain-store owner looked familiar.

With the chemistry between them proving too strong, they were inseparable ever since. Craig proposed to her within a month, and she accepted. The offset came when he was called away on business to the Middle East.

There was no word from Craig though it was already a week since he’d left; the reason being sudden eruption of riots in Riad. Anxiety filled her world.

To her utter amazement, he was waiting for her by the hill-side on a lavender evening. Jessica melted into his arms.

“Your sweet memories were haunting me Jess, and casting a shield of safety around brought me back to you,” said Craig kissing her deeply.

Word Count:494
© Copyright 2012 jaya (UN: vindhya at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
jaya has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/760566-Haunting-Me