*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/760653-Morning-Charm
by jaya
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1891402
Miscellany
#760653 added September 14, 2012 at 7:17am
Restrictions: None
Morning Charm
Morning Charm


“Turn the page honey.”

“Hey, you have nearly knocked me creeping on suddenly, you big cat!.”

“But I’ve been here for the last few minutes my love.”

“Don’t you know it’s bad manners to read over someone’s shoulder?”

“I’m just a harmless husband of long standing, honey. I don’t have to be on my best
behavior with the love of my life.”

“Never mind that, I like my privacy.”

“You sound like a cat on a hot tin roof.”

“What do you expect? You block my light, and your breath feels like a caterpillar creeping on my neck.”

“Ugh! Not the caterpillar darling, rather a feather stroking your soft loveliness.”

“I think I’ll move to the swing on the front porch.”

“Oh no, we make such a lovy dovy twosome at the kitchen table overlooking the spring flowers you so affectionately planted. The sunlight slants on us with just the right warmth and that steaming mug of coffee strikes the morning note of joy.”

“Look Mister Nature Worshipper, you still block my light and not letting me at least to skim through the headlines. You know I must leave by eight sharp or face music at the office. ”

“Ok, here I am moving on to the other velvety shoulder, rest my chin on its oh-so-soft a curve, and we will read with your cheek on my seven O’clock shadow.”

“Ye Gods! Rescue me from this lascivious lover who has no sense of time or propriety.”

“Look Darling! There is a house for sale in just the right locale. It’s in the last column of the page. Two bedrooms and a study too! Seems like an answer from your gods.”

“Is that true Raj? Let me check. Oh yes! In a nice neighborhood too, with a good school and a great playfield! How thoughtful of the owner to give those important details!

“No.12, Magazine Street, umm… that’s lovely. Shall we go look in the evening my love?”

“That would be absolutely wonderful, darling. The kids and I will be ready. It’s a good piece of news you spotted even from the irksome angle.”

“Hardly irksome Rina honey, anything is heavenly with you by my side.”

“Oh Raj, you still make me feel like a girl in love for the first time.”

“And I, your eternal lover.”

“There the phone rings; may be my colleague Indu wants to know if the dragon boss is still out of station.”

“Oh, why was the phone invented? Why should it take you away from me?”

“That’s life my darling. Time to go.”

“Hasta luego, my love.”
© Copyright 2012 jaya (UN: vindhya at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
jaya has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/760653-Morning-Charm