*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/761704-Returning-to-my-Roots
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#761704 added September 30, 2012 at 10:43am
Restrictions: None
Returning to my Roots
Going Back to Fouras

Well…, (as my 5th grade teacher used to say… “The WELL’S getting deeper”)…the class is up and running. *Bigsmile* The vignettes are coming in and the reviews are going out. It is beginning to look like we will have four students. Two have dropped out and a third is a “No Show”.

When I wrote the course I tried to make it as “Stand Alone” as I could. In the military we did Self Paced Instruction (Correspondence Courses) and the challenge was to make a subject as comprehensive and self contained as possible. Still, not having the personal rapport with the teacher was one of the down sides. New Horizons Academy makes it possible to have the best of both worlds.

I'll be in France during week three and four of the term. My brother and I will be going back to our past. Some say a person shouldn't to that because of all the changes... but what the heck... we decided when we were caring for our parents to make the return trip some day.

Growing up my brother (Norman) and I lived in a small village, named Fouras, while my father was assigned at La Rochelle. It was a great and formative experience that I still have many pleasant flashbacks on the surroundings. One is Norman letting me tag alone as he checked out the girls sunbathing on the beach. Anyway…. (I wonder if any of those beautiful babes will still be there….?) *Blush*


© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/761704-Returning-to-my-Roots