*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/762562-Pulling-the-Muses-Leg
by Joy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #932976
Impromptu writing, whatever comes...on writing or whatever the question of the day is.
#762562 added October 10, 2012 at 5:04pm
Restrictions: None
Pulling the Muse's Leg
When it comes to that ephemeral, flighty Muse, I like to extend an invitation to him/her/it through slogans and metaphors. Same as movie titles, slogans enter our minds and ears and annoy us to no end. A few are those of the breakfast cereals, the metaphorical names like Twitter, which when I first heard it, repeated it as tweeter, a likely booboo, and the names of places like the Sunset Strip, which reminds me of someone stripping at the end of his life and making a fool of himself. But then the muse has a way of turning us into fools, even if, at times, some lucky and talented few manage to become literary giants.

So I'd like to yell a few micro-messages, mostly at the Muse, through several clichéd slogans, adapted to the occasion.

No author left behind. I'll be back!
You're in good hands with your muse.
Reach out and touch your keyboard.
Just let me swap horses in midstream.
Don't leave home without it, your note-pad, that is.
Writing is my journey. Let me enjoy the ride.
I never fall, I only slip. I never give up, I only delete.
Sticks and stones will break my bones, but my muse's departure will never hurt me.
Writers try harder.
The ultimate writing machine is not a BMW, but an author.
When you got it, flaunt it, but don't forget to submit it.
"The quicker picker-upper" is a new premise.
Plop, plop, fizz, fizz, oh what a story this is. *Burp* *Laugh*

Anyone else? *Wink*

Cartoon Photo from Jimmachines.com
 ~

© Copyright 2012 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/762562-Pulling-the-Muses-Leg