*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/763697-Oct-23
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1569450
6.8.09 I will Blog
#763697 added October 23, 2012 at 10:20am
Restrictions: None
Oct 23
Here it is five days later and I am just getting back here. At the end of the week I will be traveling to Chicago, staying on the Magnificent Mile. I will be spending the better part of the 5 days inside the McCormik Place. Hopefully I will be busy each day but I will take some time to prepare for the Nano.


I watched the debate wrap up and was mildly amused at the spin each commentator gave for supporting their candidate. Some of the confrontations were down right intense. In a couple of weeks this will all be over. Here in the PacNW we are already keyed to who will win so we don't hear or see the ads that other states are inundated with. We are puzzled with the rhetoric that is laid out by which one is lambasting the other on negative campaigning ads. We have them on the local scene but not the national.


The mail in voting that is here in Oregon seems odd when one votes and brings it in on the last day, then we have to wait to see how it plays out. Well, since we are a blue state I guess it really doesn't matter. I just wish the whole electoral vote were changed and votes were decided by county! Colorado did it! The E votes were set up because the majority of the voters were in the cities. That is not the case now. Obama talked about how things have changed in the military since the 1700's well lets bring the e-votes up to the 21st century.





I am very excited by the nano. I remember last year going into it I was over prepared. This time I have it mapped out but I have to print everything off so I can follow it each day. I am hoping to get a good start while I am out of town and have evenings to myself. Maybe get a 5k written or more so when I get back and might not have the time I would like, I can make the most of the time I do have.





I went to my 31 celebrate and connect meeting last night. What a great job Sharon does. Lani (daughter) listened in and said Sharon did far better than any of the girls leading the previous C&C she has been to. I was
© Copyright 2012 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/763697-Oct-23