*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/764213-Norman-and-I
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#764213 added November 6, 2012 at 2:40pm
Restrictions: None
Norman and I
My brother and I My brother and I


Norman and I

In this picture, taken along the sea-wall just below the tree to left of center on the previous photo, stand my brother and I. Norman is on the left. He is shorter with a stocky build. I must say he was a good brother and a friend even though he used to sit on top of me and spit on my forehead.

He remembered many of the things that I did from our youth. During the period I was about six years old to nine and he was eleven to thirteen. He was beginning to become interested in girls and had inherited the family curse of being a chick magnet. (It bypassed me) Anyway he related to me many of his early experiences with girls during that period.

He remembered all their names and insisted that we find the houses where they once lived. This was fairly easy since they are all still standing. One girl was named Judy Banks and he had to kiss her on the school bus in exchange for a railroad emblem he was collecting. At that time the Kellog Corporation was having a promotion on it’s new product “Sugar Crisp.” My mother bought box after box of the product at the Commissary, until the very thought of eating another bowl nauseates me… even to this day. Anyway Judy had the one he was missing and when he kissed her, all her girlfriends squealed with delight, and then laughed hysterically when she told him it was at her house and he had to come over and get it…. That is another story.

As we drove around and looked at the houses and streets it all came back to him although I think my recollections are more vivid. Still he remembered many of the stories we have shared in the past as a consequence of our three years living in Fouras.

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/764213-Norman-and-I