*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/764559
Rated: 13+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #1901271
Formally known as The Assassin. Be sure to select newest last on the sort bar for chapters
#764559 added November 1, 2012 at 4:07am
Restrictions: None
Time to Leave
Langley, Virginia
0700 Zulu

        Standing up the two FIRE agents walked toward a wall with a large picture hanging on it. The old spymaster slid his hand on the left side of it hitting a switch. The wall gave way and reviled a hidden passage. The Passage was designed so that FIRE agents may come and go from the DCI's office without being seen, a similar passage exist in the White House for the same reason. The passages lead down to a secretly built underground garage where a black limousine awaited the arrival of the two men. There were three men in black suits and Ray ban sunglasses, as they approached to of the men entered the cap as the third opened the back door. Stepping to the side Gardner allowed his boss to enter first then followed behind him. The third guard took a quick look around the area to ensure it was clear and safe, and then entered the car. The limousine started up its engine and slowly headed toward the exit.
        Sitting in the limo Raymond stood up and grabbed a cola from the mini bar, and sat back down next to Gardner.
        "You see Jack," as the head of FIRE opened his drink. "It is important that we find out what is it that Gulzar and Knight are up to. The American people cannot handle another nine-eleven, from the people of the Middle East. Whatever they are planning you must find out and stop it." Raymond motioned to the guard that was riding with them to hand him the envelope that was on the seat. Once Gardner got his hands on it he opened it. An itinerary and five passports fell out onto his lap, they we his usual cover names, but the dates have been updated and renewed.
        "Thank you I have been meaning to ask you for updated passports," replied Gardner as he put the passports in his backpack.
        The limo continues to drive out of the city and into the suburbs. The limo stopped outside of a four bedroom house, which belonged to Gardner. It was a two-story high house made of brick, had a large yard with a pouched that Gardner had built some years ago for him and his wife. The wife was no longer there for she had tired of his home one minute gone the next lifestyle. She knew that he had a government job, but never asked too many questions. One day he came back from a mission and she was gone. All of her things were moved out, save for some furnishes and pictures on the wall she had left.
        "Jack," started Raymond as the assassin got out. "Why do you stay here in this house? Sara's gone and you can save more money living in a smaller place."
        "This is my place, sir. It's paid for and well it's all I have. Thank you for the ride home, I will get washed up and leave to catch my flight. See you when this is all over," said Jack as he headed up to his front door.
        "Here, one last thing." yelled Raymond from the door of his limo. "You may need this; it's a satellite phone with a direct line to FIRE headquarters. Need anything just call? I will have Special Branch drop by you once you've get to your hotel," said the spymaster as he threw the phone to Gardner.
© Copyright 2012 William R. Kangas (UN: kangas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
William R. Kangas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/764559