*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/764877
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1879766
Starting to blog again--an attempt to organize my daily routine
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#764877 added November 3, 2012 at 10:06pm
Restrictions: None
Back from the Moving Fog


I think it's been about five weeks that I've been working on moving. I've been picking up everything at the old house, bosing and carrying, then truckin' it to the new house which is only about half a mile away.

The concept of me moving has been mind boggling. I have a lot of stuff. I started out by renting a dumpster for my driveway, and I filled it up quickly. I think once the furniture sweep has cleared out the old place, I can probably fill a dumpster again. I keep way more stuff than I would ever have a use for, if I could find it.

I am a keeper or books and vinyl record albums. I dabble in all sorts of crafts and sewing and decorating. I have stuff for all my hobbies. I ought to manage to spend some regular time doing crafts again. I enjoyed making jewelry, and paiting especially.

The new house requiredminimal decorating, at least as far as covering all the windows. By now, at least the windows on the front of the house are covered.

All my pets have made the move, except one seven-year-old cat that's trying to turn wild on me. I leave her a bowl of food at the door, and it disappears, but I've only heard her and not seen her the past week. She wants to be an outside kitty, which I'll be happy to let her do once she moves to the house I'm living in.

Living in the new house is starting to feel normal. I've spent considerable time sleeping, as I have a back problem that moving sure didn't help. I do have the aid of a couple of friends, when we can get our schedules together.

I have all the utilities switeched to my name, and I think the DirecTV tech installer finally got my two HD tvs set up. I finally took the plunge of getting an HD dish. I've had the tvs for a while, but installing around two large dogs proved a problem before. I have a better dog set up at the new house. The almost six-month old Lab puppy was getting to be a real good escape artist. Somebody was having to chase him back home every day. He'd run around the front yard tree about five times, then take off towards the east. I'm pretty sure he's 50 pounds by now, and I physically can't carry him anymore. Somebody has obedience lessons in our future.

I'm still using my old Clear connection for the Internet. I have a plug in device for my laptop, but I have a box to turn me into an 8 device hot spot. Great concept, but it's going to require thinking on my part. I'm going to Magic Jack plus for my land line. Tomorrow is staying full of projects that didn't get finished today.




Sunflower seeking rain
© Copyright 2012 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/764877