*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/764897-Hotel-Grand-Basha
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#764897 added November 4, 2012 at 8:39am
Restrictions: None
Hotel Grand Basha
Grand Basha Example of old Architecture


Rochefort and the Grand Basha

This is a photo of the Hotel we stayed in when we first arrived in France. It has since closed but the desk clerk at a nearby hotel told us the location. We walked under it half a dozen times but our vision was focused on the first floor for a hotel.

There were a number of stores and boutiques located in town and Linda and Judy had a good time browsing through the “Centre Ville.” Across the street was a bakery where I bought Croissants. They were the kind that has chocolate in the center and are terribly addictive.

Then we set off looking for the Office where my father worked. It was in the middle of the city and we finally found it.

The next photo shows typical architecture of civil service offices on the grounds of the Arsenal. I love the stone construction and long windows. They don't make buildings like that any more.

There was also a great Maritime Museum on the grounds that contained many plank on frame models and showed diagrams and pictures of the early arsenal.

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/764897-Hotel-Grand-Basha