*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/765457-Saturday-November-10-2011-804am
Rated: 13+ · Book · Environment · #1392154
A modest journal.
#765457 added November 13, 2012 at 7:30pm
Restrictions: None
Saturday, November 10, 2011, 8:04am
Saturday, November 10, 2011, 8:04am --- Nightmare on 73rd Avenue North

         Life is flowing... "gently down the stream----merrily, merrily, merrily----life is but a dream."  Actually, a nightmare last night.  Woke up feeling very uneasy, almost panicky. 

         Me and my siblings were all young and mom and dad had gone out with some friends.  We were home alone.  I was cleaning up the living room and was just about finished when some guy came over  --- he proceeded breaking things and making messes that I frantically tried to clean up --- knowing in the back of my mind that the sh-t would hit the fan if my parents came home to find the house in such a state.

         I went out and bought a replacement for one of the things that was broken, and it was then broken as well.  I became more and more frantic as the hours passed because the messes were being created faster than I was able to clean them up.  My siblings were laughing at me. 

         When my parents finally arrived home---with friends---I was almost out of my mind with frustration.  I began to explain the situation and they spewed hatred toward me through words and action.  It seemed my efforts were in vain.  They saw me as a maniac... and I suppose my frantic level of frustration had risen to such a level that I appeared to be unhinged.

         I was told to get my stuff and get out as soon as possible --- to which I responded, "I will leave this weekend."  Since my job didn't pay well it would be hard and I would need to use my entire paycheck to put down on a place to live.

--------------------------------------------------------------

         When I awoke, my whole being was in a state of residual alarm.  I then began to process what had happened and to look for my part in it and what I could and should have done differently.

© Copyright 2012 Maria Mize (UN: kimbro1958 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maria Mize has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/765457-Saturday-November-10-2011-804am