*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/766249-Writing-Quickie--Strolling-through-the-Park
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1634630
Brief writing exercises and thoughts on writing. Maybe the occasional personal musing.
#766249 added November 18, 2012 at 5:24pm
Restrictions: None
Writing Quickie: Strolling through the Park
The sun warmed me as we walked through the park, holding hands. We walked by the soccer field and I watched as as two groups of college students playing, the two teams apparently delineated by “shirts vs. skins.” I found my eyes lingering on one particularly tall black-haired guy on the “skins” team, sweat beading on his torso. Jeff squeezed my hand. I turned and he gave me a look that was mostly amused with maybe the slightest bit of jealousy thrown in. I blushed and smile sheepishly. He laughed, then pulled me closer so he could gently brush my lips with his.

As our lips parted, he grinned and said, “Besides, I guess I can’t be too jealous. I was checking out the lanky redhead on the opposing team.” I gave him a playful punch to the shoulder and we both laughed as we began to walk toward the picnic area.


JarredH

Our tears remind us that we're alive. Our laughter reminds us why.

© Copyright 2012 JarredH (UN: seithman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JarredH has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/766249-Writing-Quickie--Strolling-through-the-Park