*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/766307-November-19-2012-THINK
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1342524
Reading, Writing, Pondering: Big Life Themes, Literature, Contemporary/Historical Issues
#766307 added November 19, 2012 at 11:42am
Restrictions: None
November 19, 2012: THINK
Blogging Circle of Friends Entry Nov. 19 2012


November 19, 2012: What advice or words of wisdom would you like to leave for those who come after you?





         One thought must be kept in mind: when I encounter the end of my life, what will please me most? For what will I be most thankful? And what will I find myself most regretting? These are the criteria that can-and should-be applied to each one of us, each and every day of life. It matters not our current age: 15, 50, 85. What matters is today, and what decisions we make to day.





Think of these questions:


Do you want to end your life wishing “I had, I hadn’t, I should have, I shouldn’t have, I wish, I wish not, why did I, why didn’t I?”


Or do you wish to meet your end with “I’m so happy I did, didn’t, made these right choices, fulfilled my life purpose, and was thankful doing it”?






         Which is it, Constant Readers? For me, I don’t want to see the end nearing only to be blitzed by remorse, regret, and dismay. Let’s all answer the above questions every day of our lives. Think about:





What will please me most? For what will I be most thankful? And what will I find myself most regretting?






Apply these criteria to every decision point, every option, every choice. If you do,  and do satisfactorily, when you come to the end of your path you will truly be able to say, “I’m so thankful I did-.”



© Copyright 2012 Cobwebby Space Reader Reindeer (UN: fantasywrider at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cobwebby Space Reader Reindeer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/766307-November-19-2012-THINK