*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/766329-When-Im-gone
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1227752
I am finding my stride and living life in a world filled with chaos and change.
#766329 added November 19, 2012 at 9:37pm
Restrictions: None
When I'm gone
         
When I think of the end, whenever that is, it's a disconcerting thought, not so because I am concerned about where I will be at the end, but what if the end is closer than I think? My achievements so far have been minor, to say the least. What advice could I leave to those who are still here when my own life, so far, is a mediocre affair? Thus you can understand my insecurity most days. However, if I had to say anything, leave a word or two, which it is hard for me to be brief (I'm working on that) it would probably be this:

1) Try to live your life with honor. I think that if you don't do anything extraordinary, it is still better to have lived an ordinary life with honor than a "glorious" one with shameful acts. No one will cite the achievements but will recall your failings.

and

2) Make sure those people in your life, whether they be friends or family, know that you love them. Love, honest love, shown without pretension, is what healed our marriage many years ago. Lack of trust, fear of being hurt and abandoned, etc-era, etc-era, all were present in our marriage and almost destroyed it. Most of all, I rarely showed my spouse love without feeling I was on display. Once we got past that ugliness and peeled down the layers, I found, and am still finding, just how much I love my husband and our children saw, and learned, and are still learning by my example. When you stop being afraid to show love and give hugs, and say, "I love you so much!" and then show that love through you life, I think your life will be full of people who love you sincerely, and know that they are loved the same.

There is much more I could say but those are the most important points at present. I hope they will help you when I am gone.

© Copyright 2012 Happy Adore♥ (UN: mylyndoll at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Happy Adore♥ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/766329-When-Im-gone