*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/766665-Thoughts-on-writing-erotica
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1634630
Brief writing exercises and thoughts on writing. Maybe the occasional personal musing.
#766665 added November 23, 2012 at 1:31pm
Restrictions: None
Thoughts on writing erotica.
Note: All links in this blog entry are to GC or XGC stories.

I enjoy writing erotica. I post it both here and on one or two other sites that are dedicated specifically to erotica and other sexual stories. I end up getting a lot of compliments on my stories, which I'm quite proud of. One of the compliments I've seen a bit lately is that my stories tend not to be too graphic or bawdy and tend to capture the emotional or sensual side of things. Granted, that's not true of my stories. Sometimes I do like just a blatant and detailed description of raunchy sex. But I also think that stories like that tend to get boring and redundant. To be honest, the actual mechanics of the various sex acts are quite straightforward and repeatedly describing them (or repeatedly reading descriptions of them) can get pretty monotonous after a while. This is why when I often write erotica, I try to focus on something besides (or in addition) to the basic acts themselves.

A lot of times, I like to focus on the setup and consider how my characters find themselves with each other and getting amorous and/or frisky. This can be something sweet and tender, like in "Shower Love-making [GC], or it can be something more blatant, like luring in a potential partner using a prop, like I did in the first chapter of "College Love [GC], "Tastes Like Virgin. I might explore how the characters feel about the experience, like in "Starting the Day Right [XGC].

The thing is, erotica is like actual sex itself. While the act can be highly enjoyable, it's usually the circumstances, feelings, and other factors that accompany it that tend to make a given experience unique and memorable.

JarredH

Our tears remind us that we're alive. Our laughter reminds us why.

© Copyright 2012 JarredH (UN: seithman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JarredH has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/766665-Thoughts-on-writing-erotica