*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/766929-November-26-2012-When-to-Relive
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1342524
Reading, Writing, Pondering: Big Life Themes, Literature, Contemporary/Historical Issues
#766929 added November 26, 2012 at 12:02pm
Restrictions: None
November 26, 2012: When to Relive?
November 26, 2012: If you could be any age again for one week, which would you choose?





If I could “relive,” there are two evenings in my life I’d like to enjoy again: one in the Fall of 1973 in Indiana, one in June 1982 in Georgia. Both were evenings when I both felt at peace and joyful.





Second and Third grade in parochial school would be another choice, because I was befriended by an older classmate (since my parents refused the principal’s suggestion of promoting me one grade from second to third, I spent both second and third grades in what was called “the little class in the big class,” in other words: a small group of the lower grade sat in with the next higher grade. A higher grade classmate took up a friendship with me which I’ve never forgotten (also, in third grade I discovered Frances Hodgson Burnett’s “The Secret Garden.”)





The other time period I could stand to revisit is the Summer of 1967 (no, not because it was the Summer of Love in San Francisco LOL), but because it’s the last period I remember of having such faith and trust in life, of innocence and naivete and hope.






© Copyright 2012 Cobwebby Space Reader Reindeer (UN: fantasywrider at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cobwebby Space Reader Reindeer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/766929-November-26-2012-When-to-Relive