*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/766990-Writing-Quickie-Close-Call-in-the-Astral-Realms
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1634630
Brief writing exercises and thoughts on writing. Maybe the occasional personal musing.
#766990 added November 26, 2012 at 11:15pm
Restrictions: None
Writing Quickie: Close Call in the Astral Realms
Tara took several deep breaths, willing her mind into an altered state of conscience as Master Shane had taught her. As she felt her body melt from around her mind, she sent it outward, seeking out other souls to touch and exchange some energy, thoughts and feelings with. She came across one, which she perceived as vibrant and purple. She touched that aura with her own mind, and she noted as images of small children laughing came to her. She moved on, seeking out another point of contact. This time, a pale green aura loomed before here. This time, she touched it and immediately felt a mix of tenderness and arousal. She wasn’t sure if her astral form could blush, but she felt like it was as she pushed onward.

She continued on, noting the feelings, images, thoughts, and other sensations that she experienced with each new contact. After several more such contacts, she suddenly felt as if she had gone cold. She looked around and saw that she was surrounded by a bleak grayness. From one direction, she could see several aura’s approaching her. They were black, something she had never seen. She felt her mind going numb as they approached her. She felt like she needed to get out of there, but could not remember how to move. It was as if these frightening beings had drained her of all thought and energy.

She suddenly felt as if the whole universe had been ripped away from her. Her mind reeled and she opened her eyes. She was back fully in her body and Master Shane stood in front of her, a stern look on his face. She tried to ask what happened but could only gasp.

Master Shane spoke, his voice rough. “That was very foolish of you. You wandered into the forbidden realm, despite my warning to mind your surroundings in the astral realm. Had I not been following your progress and yanked you back to safety, you would have been devoured by the Dark Ones for sure.”

She hung her head. “I am sorry, Master. I got caught up in the beauty of the exercise.”

He nodded. “That is the danger of such work, child. You were lucky this time. Hopefully your near brush with such a horrendous fate will help you learn to be more careful next time. At any rate, you should go rest. Your lessons are done for today.”

“Thank you, Master.” She stood, unsteadily at first. When she was sure she would not fall over, she bowed to her teacher before turning to leave the temple room.

JarredH

Give me pen and paper and I shall create entire worlds and fill them with adventures.

© Copyright 2012 JarredH (UN: seithman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JarredH has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/766990-Writing-Quickie-Close-Call-in-the-Astral-Realms