*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/767792-Chaos-and-the-Cosmos
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#767792 added December 7, 2012 at 8:20am
Restrictions: None
Chaos and the Cosmos
Genome, discoveries, chaos

When I see the Double Helix, represented conceptually, not having ever seen one in person *Bigsmile*, it still inspires a sense of awe. It is like an obelisk left by our creator. It is a signature that refutes the Primordial Pool Hypothesis (PPH). (Which is really not a hypothesis, but rather a half-baked conjecture that represents the best, those in denial, can come up with.)

A believer of the PPH has to accept that life was spawned in chaos… that a random merging of some chemical acids under ideal conditions chanced upon the perfect combination and life arose as a consequence. As humans we understand what chaos is… it is the absence of Harmony, Order, Balance, Symmetry and Awareness. (There might be some more but let me throw these out there.) There is a whole new science evolving with regard to chaos, that I can’t begin to understand, but enough is known to understand a bit about what it is.

It is the Cosmic Default, the state into which the elements scatter in the absence of an outside intervention. If something doesn’t intervene then chaos randomly chooses the outcome (of a given shape and distribution of matter) in a snapshot of time and locality. It is like what a computer program often does when no input (intervention) is otherwise chosen.

A defining characteristic of Chaos is the absence of a living intervention. Life is not a value in the Chaos algorithm. Chaos is the elemental condition of matter that weighs life as just another particle… in the dust from whence it came.

The modeling of the Human Genome is learning more about the genes that cause diseases. For example researchers are looking closely at BRCA2, which causes breast cancer, and others such as deafness and immune dysfunctions.

Hang around. There are some amazing things about to happen. How cool is that?

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/767792-Chaos-and-the-Cosmos