*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/767858-Its-Gotten-Worse-OverTime
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1030039
This will show our fight with Fibromyalgia, so others can learn that it's real.
#767858 added December 7, 2012 at 12:42am
Restrictions: None
It's Gotten Worse OverTime
         I realize it's been a long time since my last entry here, and for that I apologize. Long hours at the office on a major project (recently completed), and dealing with the onset of Alzheimer's in my 92-year-old father haven't left much time for family, much less being online. For that I apologize. Hopefully my time here will be on the increase now.
          As for the Fibromyalgia situation, I asked the Lord to give me more insight into my wife's condition with it, not remembering that our Lord has more ways of answering our prayers than we realize, and He also has a sense of humor. He used both of those traits in answering my request. When I asked him for more insight into Marilyn's situation, He gave me that insight by giving me more, and stronger symptoms of my own. *Smile*
         Now, for example, when I have a good healthy sneeze, immediately afterward my elbows will hurt for a few minutes. Also, Restless Leg Syndrome is also a symptom, and I've been taking medication for that one for some time. But now, I will also get pains in the bottom of one of my toes (which toe gets hit changes from time to time) that feel like I'm being stuck with a pin or needle. And the obvious reflex takes over, jerking my leg back, trying to get away from the source of the pain, resulting in the same movement as the restless leg syndrome would trigger; only this one won't be slowed by the medication because the trigger is an external source,not within the body, which is where the medication works. Sheesh.
         Another new symptom, or combination of them, occurs when I do any form of strenuous exercise or work. For example, cutting the grass in the summer (it's about 1/2 hour of constant effort), or, like this afternoon when I mounted a new curtain rod in our kitchen so we could hang drapes over the bay window, both for privacy and to cut down on the cold air coming into the house at that spot. About 15 minutes after doing something like either of the above examples, I start to hurt very badly, in a way that feels like it's everywhere at once. Joints, muscles, you name it. Any movement brings pain somewhere. And under those conditions, that overall pain will often last for hours.
         Well, all I can say is, He answered my prayer in a way that makes it obvious that He gave me the answers I was looking for, just not in the way I thought He would. There's an old adage that serves as a good way to warn others, whether it's about Fibro, or any other problem situation: be careful what you ask for; you just may get it. I did. *Smile*

Till next time...

© Copyright 2012 Incurable Romantic (UN: jwilliamson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Incurable Romantic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/767858-Its-Gotten-Worse-OverTime