*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/768002-The-Keepers
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#768002 added December 9, 2012 at 1:48pm
Restrictions: None
The Keepers
The Keepers

As humans realized that corporately they had a chance to survive the rigors of a harsh planet, societies evolved a social structure that consisted of two sorts of Keepers. These were keepers of the Realm and Keepers of the Spirit.

Keepers of the Realm: In the distribution of attributes that emerged from a given gene pool, some of the human units were better disposed to provide leadership. This power came from the followers but the leadership elites did everything they could to insure it stayed in the family. Since they had first choice on mates, their offspring tended to retain the best qualities the tribe had to offer. Some societies tended to share political power and in others it tended to be absolute. Absolute seems to have been the more common state and a leader, by virtue of strength, youth and the ability to know best and get others to do it, focused the corporate decision making.

Keepers of the Spirit: A second group usually also emerged representing the gatekeepers of a spiritual force and power. They became the spokes-people for the unexplainable. Mankind is awed by the nature of the environment and much of his lack of understanding becomes assumptions that explain the mysteries of life.

These two Keepers tend to align themselves to maintain the harmony of the organization. The political stewards and the spiritual custodians enjoy a parasitic relationship on the corporate body of the collective membership. Evidence of this extends back into history and power of the political and spiritual offices are well understood.

In ancient Egyptian time there were the Pharoahs and the Priests. This relationship is still seen today, however other social orders have evolved. One in particular has taken much of the power the priest class once enjoyed. The Scientists have taken the baton of custodians of knowledge from the traditional champions of the spirit and used this power much more effectively. As more became known there was less that had to be assumed.

To say the State and the Church have often abused their powers for their parochial self-interests instead of to the benefit of the collective members is more a fact than an issue that merits any debate.

The point I want to make is that once the scientists had possession of the powers of knowledge, and a method for applying it, they were reluctant to return any to the church. Thus any explanation of life requires a scenario that GOD played no role in the genesis. As far fetched as the primordial pool hypothesis might seem it has the advantage of disavowing the possibility that an intelligent creative force played a seminal role.

Don’t confuse this with “Evolution” which certainly played a role in any conceivable life scenario. Car models evolve from year to year but nobody will claim that the automobile invented itself.

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/768002-The-Keepers