*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/768222-Blog-Prompt--The-career-I-could-never-do
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1634630
Brief writing exercises and thoughts on writing. Maybe the occasional personal musing.
#768222 added December 11, 2012 at 7:52pm
Restrictions: None
Blog Prompt: The career I could never do
First let me say that it's good to finally feel back up to getting involved with the "Blogging Circle of Friends and their daily prompt. After being without a car for the better part of a week, then getting sick, I just needed some time off. But now I'm ready to tackle today's prompt:

What's one career you just could never do?

Rather than stick with a specific career, I'm going to focus on a whole career field, namely the medical profession. I don't think I could do any job in the medical profession. This is an opinion I've come to after watching my mother's career. My mother spent from my preschool years until I was in my mid-twenties working as a Nurse's Aid. When I was in my thirties, the hospital that she was working for offered to pay her way to nursing school, so she became a Registered Nurse (well, Graduated Nurse, as it was a couple more months before she took and passed her licensing exam) about a month before my thirty first birthday. In that time, I've listened to her tales of caring for the elderly, the ill, the dying, and people who died (or at least coded) unexpectedly. I've listened to her talk about draining pus-filled abscesses, bathe people who have soiled themselves (including one elderly woman who had just finished her bath, only to soil herself again as she passed away, which meant Mom had to bathe her again despite the fact that the woman was already gone), and do all kinds of other things.

Caring for people who are sick, suffering, and otherwise not in good health is not an easy job. It's one I don't think I'd ever be able to manage.

JarredH

Give me pen and paper and I shall create entire worlds and fill them with adventures.

© Copyright 2012 JarredH (UN: seithman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JarredH has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/768222-Blog-Prompt--The-career-I-could-never-do