*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/768425-December-14-2012The-Last-Meal
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1342524
Reading, Writing, Pondering: Big Life Themes, Literature, Contemporary/Historical Issues
#768425 added December 14, 2012 at 10:27am
Restrictions: None
December 14, 2012_The Last Meal
December 14, 2012: Your very last meal ever - what would it be and with whom?





I’ve a couple of thoughts in regard to this one, Gentle Readers-thoughts inspired by the dates this month, and by the approach of some to the dates. I admit to having undergone 12-12-12 anxiety. 12-21-12 is fast approaching; it seems to be the date that ends the Mayan Calendar, although I read this AM that the date might also be 12-23-12 LOL. My daughter said my 13-year-old granddaughter became very upset yesterday because on Facebook she found that a particular church, or pastor, is claiming 12-21 to be the date of the Second Coming. My comment: I give you Matthew 24: 36  (Mark 13:32)


"But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.” No one knows the date nor the hour. Indeed, if the world should end by asteroid impact or viral outbreak, no one is going to be able to predict it in advance.





So let’s stop worrying and instead focus on what is coming up:


What are we going to do in 2013?






I think that topic is getting overlooked, as people decided, “hey, the world is ending, let’s party like it’s 1999.” I for one hope to finally dig out from under the Review Mountain, and I guess that means setting some personal guidelines, like:          quit requesting review books, and just accept requests from authors and publishers. Slow down on the blog tours. Finally catch up on the requests I’ve already got.





Now: My last meal: in the first place, how to know in advance it’s the Last? I refer to my comments above. Nobody knows when/if the world will end, nobody knows when it’s their time to pass. (except suicides of course) I guess whenever my Last is, I’ll manage it like I do all my meals: my two or three forkfuls all by myself.



© Copyright 2012 Cobwebby Space Reader Reindeer (UN: fantasywrider at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cobwebby Space Reader Reindeer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/768425-December-14-2012The-Last-Meal