*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/768935-Surprise
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#768935 added December 18, 2012 at 6:26pm
Restrictions: None
Surprise
We have three fifth grade classes at our school. I was given the assignment of watching one of these fifth grade classes from noon until 2:00 - the best one, thank goodness. The Gifted Teacher was watching one class and the Guidance Counselor had one. This was to give the teachers uninterupted planning time. Well, I kind of dreaded it. I don't really like going to other teachers' rooms in order to keep their classes - I'd rather be in my own area, but the library was being used as the testing center. We are having semeter tests this week, and they use the library to hand out and take up the tests.

The Gifted Teacher and I went to talking and we came up with a plan. We decided to throw our two classes together and put a movie in. The Guidance Counselor fell in with us too. We had to take them to lunch, then all three of us went to the auditorium (which which was right across from the cafeteria, so no transport problems) and used the TV on the stage to put in How the Grinch Stole Christmas. It actually worked out. I kind of enjoyed it. That was super-nice, for something that I had dreaded to turn out so well. Plus, the teacher for my class came back early to pick her students up. Wahoo!

The Gifted Teacher and I have two of the third-grade classes tomorrow. Looks like we will be doing the same thing. Not a bad way to spend an afternoon!



© Copyright 2012 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/768935-Surprise