*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/769210-The-end-of-the-Week
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1903082
This is my blog which I intend to use for the new group that I am joining
#769210 added December 21, 2012 at 8:51pm
Restrictions: None
The end of the Week
What a week!

I went to the Chinese Consulate on Wednesday. They told me that I would have to get a medical exam to get my visa. They gave me a form and sent me to a medical center. The medical center told me that the exam would cost about 2,000 Hong Kong Dollars. (Roughly 260 American dollars). Then they made me come back on Thursday afternoon for the results. It was all good, but by then it was too late to go back to the Visa office that day, so I had to wait until Friday morning to apply for the visa. This means that the visa can't be ready until Monday even with rush service, (and if I didn't get rush service, I'd have worse problems, because Tuesday and Wednesday are public holidays in Hong Kong so the visa wouldn't be ready until Thursday. I calculated that the extra fee for rush service was less then the cost of another three nights in my hostel.) So here I am. I normally would like having an excuse to stay in Hong Kong, but I'm starting to run out of money.

Oh well. On a happier WDC note, I finished this story a few days ago and entered it in a contest.

It's pretty cool, if I do say so myself.
 The Faeries of Long Ago  (13+)
A fantasy story about finding an ancient book underneath a castle. . .
#1909244 by Weirdone-Back in the games


Last I checked, the contest only had one other entry, but it's open until December, so we'll see happens. I'm also kind of in withdrawal creativity wise. I don't know what WDC contest, I'm going to enter next week for the "I Write in December, January. . ." thing.

I see I still haven't said anything about today's prompt. Well, why don't I just put it this way. I want to be remembered as a person so talented, he wrote many things like the story above.

Alex

© Copyright 2012 Weirdone-Back in the games (UN: weirdone28 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Weirdone-Back in the games has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/769210-The-end-of-the-Week