*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/769381-Chapter-5-The-new-plan
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fanfiction · #1910044
Jamie Kent meets a group of Ninja warriors who decide to become his protectors in school.
#769381 added December 24, 2012 at 11:44am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 5: The new plan
Chapter 5: The new plan

“Oyé, guys…” I whispered to Hiroki and the others. “I think we’re going to have to make Jamie Kent our special case… He is new, he is weak, he looks like a short, white, rich boy, he’s fat, he’s timid, he’s defenseless, and to make things even worse, he’s friends with Kevin!”
“We’re gonna have to watch him all day long, and in every class!” Rasul added.
“Right! Let’s follow our friend from Metropolis around to day and see which classes he has. For sure, every single one of us should be in at least one class with him every period!” I continued.
So, this was the plan. When the first period was over, we all got up and followed our boy to his next class. Chances were that one of us was in that class as well. And we wrote down what class we had him. Jamie was going to be our special protection case.
Once school was over, we got together at the Dojo to discuss our finding concerning Jamie Kent. He was an interesting boy, who seemed to be very outgoing and friendly. He hung out with Kevin the whole day, and the two guys just stayed together from the first period to the end of the day, since they almost had the same classes together.

We all had English class during the first period and then Rasul had Jamie in his history class during the second period. Maska was in Jamie’s math class during the third period and Hiroki had him for biology during the fourth period.

During lunch Jamie and Kevin just sat together in the corner, since Jamie probably didn’t know anybody else. Raja and Maska joined them anyway and they all sat at the same table.

Fifth period I had Jamie for my Spanish class and finally during the sixth period Raja had Jamie in his science class.

When we were in our Dojo, we all dressed in our robes so we could sit in a big circle on the floor so we could get comfortable and discuss these things. I wrote down what Jamie’s daily class schedule was, from what the other guys had told me, and this allowed me to track where Jamie was during each hour, and in which classroom. Now we knew who his teachers were and where he would be every day.

It was a good feeling having all this information at hand, especially before our training with my father and with my three younger brothers, Arashi, Isamu, and Kenji. These boys were between ten and twelve years old, but all very tall and big for their age.

We all got together and did our kicks and our drills and our sparring. Some of us did our punches, while others did our grappling exercises. My younger brothers eventually all got together in a big circle and they used a large medicine ball to toss to one another, like in a game. They used their hands at first to toss the ball over, and eventually they used their feet by lying on their backs. This was a great exercise in timing and coordination. The boys were all big and strong, and they would play with the big medicine ball for hours if they wanted to. They would bounce the ball around to one another or even juggle the ball using their feet. It was amazing!

I began to wonder if it was a good idea to invite Jamie and Kevin over to the dojo. It seemed too early and too soon. I wanted to get to know them better first. I wondered if they would even be willing to learn martial arts. I was nervous about asking them. So far, there had not been any reason to ask them. I just had to wait for the right time to ask.

The following morning, I spotted Jamie and Kevin walking into the schoolyard and straight through the main doors of the building just as I entered the building behind them. I decided to keep my distance, while watching the two guys like a hawk. Raja quickly joined me after a few minutes as well as Hiroki. I felt relieved after a while, since we were the three of us.

Kevin and Jamie were talking the whole time, passing several crowds of students as they were just chatting. Then they passed by a group of girls, when one girl accidentally dropped her books on the floor, right where Jamie was walking!

“Eeek!” she screamed. “They slipped out of my hands! Those darn books are so heavy!”

Jamie just stopped and turned around. He squatted down and stacked the heavy books on top of each other. Then he stood up, lifting the books with both hands, until he was standing straight up. Once he was standing, he let go of the books with one hand and balanced all six books with just one hand under the book at the bottom of the stack! How did he do that?

“Ooooh! You can carry six books with one hand?” Ramona asked him, with her mouth wide open.

“Yeah! Jamie! How… How did you do that? Don’t you need to be really strong in order to carry all those books with one hand?” Kevin added.

“Naw… Magic trick!” Jamie grinned, as he continued walking, with Kevin catching up to him. Jamie then handed the books to Ramona, who took the books with both hands.

“Thanks, Jamie!” Ramona said, before turning to Sherry. “He’s so cute!”

Unfortunately for her, and for Jamie, Stan was standing right behind her when she said that. I saw this and I remained behind Stan at a distance, when Stan and Pete started following Kevin and Jamie from behind. This did not look good. Maska and Rasul had joined us as well. Raja and Hiroki saw what was going on. I could smell trouble brewing from a mile away.

Another tough kid, Darryl, had joined Pete and Stan. Stan talked to them and I could tell that he was not happy about Jamie showing off before Ramona. Stan was very jealous, and he considered Ramona one of his girls. He had a look of anger on his face as he marched behind Jamie and Kevin.

Speaking of which, Jamie and Kevin had just put their books in their lockers as they walked towards the small lounge near the cafeteria, which was at the end of the hallway. They were still early and there was still ten minutes to go before the start of the first period. This was when Pete, Darryl and Stan suddenly cornered Jamie and Kevin at the end of the hallway, by the entrance to the cafeteria.



I love to write about science fiction and fantasy.
© Copyright 2012 scriptboy (UN: scriptboy64 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
scriptboy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/769381-Chapter-5-The-new-plan