*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/769750-Angels-are-misunderstood
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #1437803
I've maxed out. Closed this blog.
#769750 added December 30, 2012 at 4:05pm
Restrictions: None
Angels are misunderstood
          I don't shop for Christmas decorations before Christmas. I always look after Christmas for bargains on things I can't live without. This year, I can live without anything new. However, I can't help but notice all the beautiful angels, girl angels, and sexy girl angels! What an imagination.

         First, angels are genderless. They are not like humans. So, not only are girl angels so wrong, sexy girl angels are even further from the truth. The only angels with names had men's names, but that was for a male-oriented society. Generally, the scholars agree that angels are neither male nor female.

         According to the Bible, they're usually scary. Almost all encounters with angels, record the first words from the angel to be "Do not be afraid". The people shook and were afraid. That sounds scary looking. That doesn't mean they were angry-looking like a scary cartoon, just very out of the ordinary. People who encountered angels knew they had a supernatural experience. So pretty or handsome according to our human terms is out of the question. But how would you picture them? You can't be too literal about an artist's interpretation. And you certainly can't depend on department stores' version.

         Angels and cherubs are not the same thing. They are not cute little baby-like winged creatures. I've heard angels compared to a heavenly army, each with a rank, and a specific job.

         So what are angels? Humans do not become angels after they die. That would be a demotion for the human. The New Testament promises that some day, the saved humans will sit with the King of Heaven to judge over the angels. Angels are created by God, fully formed. They don't have to earn their wings. That's a misguided legend. No bells ring when angels get promotions. And angels apparently can fall from grace, the only similarity to man.

         This only deals with how angels look, not what they do, don't do, or the different kinds of angels.

         If you want to know more, there are several good books out finally. It was hard to find one for years. The easiest is by Billy Graham. It probably was published first. It's in every day language and dispels a lot of myths.It's called Angels, Angels, Angels.

© Copyright 2012 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/769750-Angels-are-misunderstood