*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/771079-Swap-Meet-In-Waukesha
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#771079 added January 9, 2013 at 10:14pm
Restrictions: None
Swap Meet In Waukesha
Swap Meet

On Sunday my friends John, Chuck and I (I’m on friendly terms with myself *Bigsmile* ) went to the Radio Control (RC) Swap meet in Waukesha. It was held in one of those convention/trade centers and there were tables on tables of RC models. I was like a kid in a toy store and bought three bargain airplanes. However, two were missing components and by the time I acquired those my purchases went from a “Great” to a “Good” buy.

Anyway it was two wonderful days first with my friends and then with Linda to buy the necessary parts. On the way I put out food for my stray Lab who is eating it when nobody is around. It’s either him or a wolf because there are some big paw prints. I think its him because he saw me put down the bowl a couple of days ago.

My class, the Exploratory Writing Workshop has three students so far and it will be starting up next week. One of the students did a chapter template from her favorite novel and did quite well with it. Some of my students have trouble “getting” the value of doing a template and what the process entails. This lady however, had no trouble figuring out what was required and doing it. I have such a spread of talent in my classes and I try and tailor the class to each individual and the skill set they bring to the workshop.

Linda found me a couple of novels on Amazon and loaded them into my Kindle. I’ll let you know how they pan out. My wife is remarkable in many ways and knows the type of books I like to read. I am seldom disappointed in her selections. The same is true for eating out. If I order the same as she does off the menu, I’m seldom disappointed. When I don’t I almost always regret it. I hate it when her selections are mouth watering and mine look like shoe leather.

Linda and I came from very different backgrounds… Her family was very religious, strict and controlling. My parents gave me a free reign, only insisted that I be home for dinner and were too busy with their own lives to worry about controlling mine. Try and imagine what our first year of marriage was like? For that matter how it continues to this very day?

© Copyright 2013 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/771079-Swap-Meet-In-Waukesha