*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/771924-January-17-2013
by OOT™
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1909913
A place to keep my personal thoughts.
#771924 added January 17, 2013 at 1:48pm
Restrictions: None
January 17, 2013
"30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS Prompt for January 17th, 2013: Are social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc ...) an evolving form of communication and allow us to be more connected to those around us, or do they decrease communication skills, and distance us from "real" connections?
I think they're ultimately an evolving form of communication that allow us to be more connected to those around us and people that we would otherwise never have the pleasure of knowing.

As with other things, some people take it overboard and let it get in the way of their "real" everyday lives. However, one could also argue that the same applies to videogames, television, and most any other form of modern technology. One could also argue that social media sites give some people, who are otherwise loners, a chance to meet people with similar interests and form friendships that they wouldn't otherwise have the ability to do.

For those reasons, and many others, I thinks social media sites are a great thing. Go, WDC! *Heart*


"Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum January 17, 2013: Do you believe in the death penalty? Defend your answer.
This is topic for which I have mixed feelings. For people who are definitely guilty, my answer is a resounding yes. But it's not that cut and dry. Unless I have actually witnessed the crime or there was evidence that left no doubt as to the guilt of the suspect and the suspect confessed to the crime(s), I am against the death penalty. Unfortunately, you can't pick and choose. Either you have it or you don't. And I would much rather see those who are guilty spend life in prison than see one innocent person die as a result of the death penalty.

In that regard, I would have to say that I do not believe in the death penalty.

© Copyright 2013 OOT™ (UN: outoftouch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
OOT™ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/771924-January-17-2013