*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/773272-Hodge-Podge
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#773272 added January 31, 2013 at 9:30am
Restrictions: None
Hodge-Podge
A Hodge-Podge

I haven’t been doing much with my blog of late. Instead I have been tied up in my class, “The Exploratory Writing Workshop,” and a renewed interest in “Essence and the Stones.”

Yesterday we got a foot of snow. When I went to feed Himer I got stuck in a drift and had to walk five miles home. That wasn’t the most uplifting of experiences but I managed it to no ill effect. When Marc got home around ten O’clock we took his truck and pulled me out. Then it was clean out the driveway time.

Anyway Himer didn’t get fed yesterday and this morning I plan to go and complete that mission. I am happy to report he is eating the food and appears to be getting along Okay. I saw my “Slinking Dog’’ the day before yesterday.

For some reason my muse has visited me with a renewed burst of creative energy. When she comes around my head fills with new ideas and threads and it becomes a mad exercise to get them all written down. I give her number 1 priority because what she has to say soon fades like a dream, that’s sharp when you wake up but soon disappears.

I think I mentioned, maybe I didn’t, that I read a series called “The Hang Man’s Daughter” a mystery/action/adventure. It was a translation, written originally in German by Oliver Potzsch. It reminded me of “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.” Anyway my wife brought me a scrapbook of a trip she took several years ago to Germany. It shows her with her girlfriend, Louise, standing on the Regensburg Bridge with the Wurst Haus, mentioned in the story, in the background.

The main thread of “Essence and the Stones” has split into three distinct parts, which include the main story and digressions on Petra and Bedelia. It keeps spinning off and I really don’t mind because it will probably never get published anyway. It is a test bed for many different aspects of my writing and there are parts where the Sensual Prose (SP) might turn some readers off, but it isn’t meant to titillate but rather as an approach to help invigorate the characters. I’m finding that SP animates my characters and even after being edited out still leaves them with an aura of authenticity.

© Copyright 2013 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/773272-Hodge-Podge